Change from Musiv Maker MX to 2022 version

lars.h.pedersen wrote on 2/4/2022, 6:33 AM

Hello. I,ve been using the Music Maker MX for many years and made many songs. And i like the Beatbox drum engine. If i buy the new 2022 version og Music Maker, will the Beatbox 2 drum engine still open, when i open my MX arrangements. I bought the 2015 version when it came out, and it was crap compared to the MX version. But my windows 10 don´t like the MX version, so i´m considering to upgrade, but only if i can open the arrangements made in MX.

Thank you from Denmark
Lars

Comments

Graham-Hawker wrote on 2/4/2022, 7:01 AM

There used to a way to get these older instruments working in the latest version. This involved dragging the file for the instrument to the track. Whether this still works or even worked well I don't know. Download and install the free Music Maker program and see if it works. The latest version comes with a new beatbox which is nothing like the far superior Beatbox 2.

SP. wrote on 2/4/2022, 7:24 AM

@lars.h.pedersen

If i buy the new 2022 version og Music Maker, will the Beatbox 2 drum engine still open

Doesn't work any longer, even with drag and drop as @Graham-Hawker has suggested.

Samplitude Music Studio can still use the old object synths, but I don't have the newest version to test it.

I would suggest you finish your songs with the MX version on an older Windows 7 system.

If you get a newer version to make new songs, I would suggest you try Samplitude Music Studio or Samplitude Pro X (Suite). You probably won't be happy with the new version of Music Maker.

lars.h.pedersen wrote on 2/4/2022, 10:17 AM

Thanks for the answers. I´ve tried the free version of the 2022 Music Maker. Sadly i must say, that for every new version it gets worse😟. I´ve had the Music Maker MX, Music Maker 10 Deluxe and the Music Maker 2015. There is no news to me in how the program works. Its looks like they just change some colours and the way the windows appears just to make it look different. Så i think i´ll keep my MX and run it in windows 10 and accept that it sometimes goes down. Have a nice weekend.