Cant get activation code

Marvin-Ross wrote on 1/15/2024, 12:32 PM

I have my Sound Forge 9 already registered. I installed it on a new Windows 11 computer as the previous computer suddenly died.

I got to a screen that asked for my computer ID and I put in a few thing I thought it should be but no joy. I have a few hours into this simple task of installing software but this is getting to the height of frustration.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 1/15/2024, 1:26 PM

@Marvin-Ross

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

SF9 was one of the last versions produced by Sony. So your software is attempting to contact the Sony registration server, which has long been turned off.

You need to log into your Magix account using your old Sony log in details (which I understand were fully transferred to Magix) and download a new installer and serial key, which you should be able to register and activate. You should also consider fully uninstalling the version of SF9 you have on your new computer in order to try and prevent any conflict with the "new" install.

If your current email address is not the same as the one you used for your Sony login you can change the registered address in your account under User details.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam