Cannot install V15

David-Haynes wrote on 10/13/2021, 5:55 PM

I am trying to reinstall V15 of Sound Forge Studio but it comes up and says that it is already installed and must be first uninstalled before a new installation can take place. It is not listed as a program in Windows settings or on the Start menu. Is there a way to force an uninstall of the program? I can see where it is installed in the C:\Program Files directory. (Windows 10 64 bit)

Comments

rraud wrote on 10/13/2021, 7:07 PM

You are referring to an "installation" issue and not .. "Activation" which is done after installation.

Was the same version or SF previously installed? Does the installer give an option to uninstall first , which is usually the case.

You can try the third-party Revo Uninstall, though if SF is not listed in the windows uninstaller, I am not sure it will be in Revo. The free version of Revo Uninstall usually works great and cleans leftover data, but Revo 'free' does not have the 'force uninstall' if that is what you need, The Pro version has. 'force uninstall' The Revo Pro demo may work though..

Otherwise, you could manually delete as much of the Sound Forge files and folders from Program files, AppData, ect, as you can find and clean the registry.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @David-Haynes.

David-Haynes wrote on 10/13/2021, 11:39 PM

Yes it was installation.

Thanks for the tip, Revo Uninstall successfully removed the product and allowed me to install version 15 of the software.

All fixed and running successfully! Thanks Again