Cannot import mp3 either by drag n drop or through the import funtion?

Puresynth wrote on 5/15/2020, 4:03 PM

Ok so this topic has to be more popular than a kfc.

I have the latest version of 28.0.2.47

I have the add on

i have these available

I have cleaned these

And I noticed there is no mp3/wav options in this box

I have logged out and back a few times and it's doing my headin now lol.

So what am I missing ?

If I drag an mp3 from a folder to the time line I get a symbol that resembles a No-Entry sign.

If I try and import from the drop down menu I just get the option of cd track or video recording or jam project thats it.

So were is the problem? or they still working on that hotfix aswell.

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 5/15/2020, 4:39 PM

@Puresynth

Hi

. . . . So were is the problem? or they still working on that hotfix aswell . . . .

No hot fix necessary - I have the same import modules as in your image above and can import mp3 files.

Which variant of Music Maker are you using, Free + purchased features, Plus or Premium?

Have you tried a hard restart, Windows button, Power button, Restart of your computer?

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Puresynth wrote on 5/16/2020, 5:37 PM

John I am using the premium version bought last year. I never did fix the problem and I have tried everything on this pc.

I have lost count how many times i have re-moved mm and re-installed it, I have totaly cleaned every mm file off this pc but still no joy.

But I have now found a work arround I installed it on my croaky ole laptop and boom it works fine drag and drop any audio file into my laptop mm setup.

I even copied the stage on how I setup the laptop up to this pc but still no joy.

And the only thing I can think it maybe is the laptop is intel based using win 7 The pc is amd based using the latest windows.

But nvm a work arround is better the nothing I spose.

Got another problem now for you to solve? I will put it under plugins.