Cannot get the program to stay on an armed record state. SF15

Leroy-gonzalez wrote on 1/10/2022, 12:43 PM

I used to be able to arm a track and record then if i messed up i could just hit space bar and the track would stop recording but stay armed so i could just simply press the space bar again to start recording again. i recently reinstalled the program and now this function does not stay armed. I want to physically have to disarm the track . can anyone help>?

Comments

rraud wrote on 1/10/2022, 4:47 PM

Which version of Sound Forge 15 (AS or Pro) @Leroy-gonzalez. The default could have have changed (Magix has done that before).
Do you want. Record/Stop (stop and rewind the start position) or Record/Pause (stop at the cursor" whilst staying in the 'record ready' mode (aka, armed).

Leroy-gonzalez wrote on 1/11/2022, 7:03 PM

The latter. Its Soundforge AS 15 365. I have had both work at the same time before in AS 14(somehow). I was able to record a sentence of VO and if i made a mistake the spacebar would rewind to the original position and stay armed. I did an update to AS 15 and the cursor stays unarmed but rewinds to a play position. I can live with the cursor just staying armed though .that works too

rraud wrote on 1/16/2022, 12:06 PM

I am not sure about 365, @Leroy-gonzalez, but assuming it is the same as the current build (121) of the perpetual version,

A new setting in has been added at the end of the "Options> Preferences> General" menu. "Rewind cursor position after recording". To rewind and remain in the record ready mode; confirm, "F12 Play/Pause instead of Play/Stop' is disabled (not check marked), also in the "Options> Preferences> General" menu

"When you are ready to record, 0pen "View> Record Options" and enable 'Transport> Arm' (aka, record ready) to check your record volume and adjust the level (at the source or interface/soundcard if needed) initiate recording by selecting 'Transport> Record' (or keyboard shortcut Ctrl+R). To stop recording, select 'Transport> Record' again (or the keyboard shortcut) and the play-head cursor should return the to starting location... Selecting Transport> Record' once more, will restart recording and overwrite the previous sound data. Clicking the Spacebar or Enter key, should stop recording and exit record ready. (idle will appear at the upper left of the 'Record Options' window'

Check-marking the aforementioned "F12 Play/Pause instead of Play/Stop" setting will toggle 'record> pause at cursor> record' with the Transport> Record command and the Spacebar or Enter key. When the 'Rewind' option is disabled, the Spacebar or Enter keys stops and exits record ready.
Basically, the operation is the same using the 'Remote Record' window.

btw, it is possible to add custom keyboard shortcuts, but this cannot be done within AS. An AppData system file, <keyboard.ini> must be edited externally.. (see this recent topic)

I have no idea why Magix changed the way record worked in the first place.