Cannot get Mp3's to play

Shrean-Fawcett wrote on 1/26/2022, 9:11 PM

I am using Music Maker 2022. I have created tracks on my desktop that I want to edit. When I add them to my Music Maker it is a short clip and "blank" for lack of better word. They are all mp3's and it is like my newer mp3's will not play, but ones over a year or so old play just fine.

I have tried the "drag and drop" method as well as pulling them from my file manager. It makes no difference.

I recently upgraded to 2022 (like within the last 24 hours) in hopes that would help this issue as it was occurring prior to my upgrade to 2022.

I am extremely frustrated as the new upgrades do not appear to be "user friendly" as the old system was. I have been using Magix since approximately 2015---so I am pretty famuliar with the work arounds out there...but this has me stumped.

Yes I have watched several youtube videos as well, and tutorials, but I cannot find a solution.

Comments

browj2 wrote on 1/26/2022, 9:31 PM

@Shrean-Fawcett

Hi,

I have created tracks on my desktop

Not sure what you're doing, but definitely do not ever put files on the desktop and do not try to load them into any program like those from Magix. Temporary files are created and the programs want to put them in the source folder. Your desktop should not be a source folder. It's there to put links to programs and files, not files themselves.

What is the source of the "tracks" that are on your desktop? Did you make them using Music Maker? If so, did you check that they were exported properly?

Did you try moving your mp3's to a normal folder somewhere under your documents or elsewhere other than system folders? Try that and then load from there.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Shrean-Fawcett wrote on 1/27/2022, 8:04 AM

@browj2 I have them on my desktop as well as in a folder. (I have tried multiple different "sources" and they are all doing the same thing (even from different drives on my computer). Other songs play and will import but not any of my most recent ones. They were originally mixed using an older version of Magix (like 2-3 years ago) and then exported to mp3. The songs play on all forms of play (phone, pc, etc) but when they are imported into Magix 2022...they are blank. (Not to get too technical, lol, but there are no lines or other graphics in Magix to even make one believe that there was supposed to be music on the files.). I have attached a screenshot of what it looks like. The top one is recent, the bottom one is a mix from 2018 (i think). They are both saved in the same spot on my computer and being imported into the same file.