Cancel of 365 . . . .

terra3 wrote on 8/4/2021, 5:12 PM

Currently debating this in light of an alternative after a while with the program, but of the little I could ferret out (and that took alot) it seems I have to draft up a hand written and signed letter and physically mail it from North America to Magix, Germany to end this subscription?!

For those in the know, can you confirm this. If so, it might make me feel better in cancelling it.

Thanks

Comments

SP. wrote on 8/4/2021, 5:20 PM

@terra3 You can just write an e-mail to infoservice@magix.net and cancel your subscription.

https://www.magix.info/us/support/article/cancellation-365-contract--709/

There was some change in German law some weeks ago that now requires a "cancellation-button" for subscriptions on websites. So it is very likely that in the future the cancellation process will be much easier. But for now you need to write at least an e-mail.

PATIENT-X wrote on 8/4/2021, 5:22 PM

@terra3

Hello, Welcome

Please read this article from Magix here.

Forum Moderator

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

Intel Core i5-13600K Processor 3.5GHz

Kingston FURY Beast 32GB (16GB x 2) 4800MHz DDR5

Geforce RTX2080 Founders edition

Firecuda 530 1tb SSD Nvme

Team Group T-FORCE DELTA MAX RGB LITE 2.5" 1TB SATA III

Corsair RM1000x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX 1000 Watt Power Supply

5in LCD Screen

Lian Li UNI SL120 V2 triple fans

MSI Meg Unify Z690 motherboard

terra3 wrote on 8/4/2021, 5:28 PM

Thanks folks. And yes, SP . . . would expecting some form of easy, online 'Cancel'.

terra3 wrote on 8/4/2021, 5:48 PM

Again, thanks . . . went to the actual Magix statement and I see that odd 'mailed in' request 'OR' email.

Now to hum and haw on my thoughts of cancelling. I like the program and despite the rabid pro/con re: differences in sound between DAW software, 'do' seem to have better results using the program with less fiddling when it comes to sound, as well some other more obvious plus' in editing and such, but my main concern of the moment is efficiency relative to hardware. My aging laptop is the weak chain in any software DAW solution; other hardware is RME and such as no issues, and Samplitude stilll seems to challenge that comp system more than a couple other alternatives I'm considering. I can't pony up for a new spec computer right now and as I'm a musician who makes limited use of any DAW, can't justify spending the coin now when I could get something else to work for my current needs. Down the road, might actually get back to Samplitude . . .

Its interesting, but with all of this, I still likely use my AW1600 at least 50% of the time I'm recording and seem to have a bit more inspiration with that more tangible approach to things. Folks suggested upgrading my Tranzport to a bit fuller and more current spec'd DAW controller to bridge that divide I face in that regard.

Again, we'll see about my continued use. And again, thanks.