Can you use "Construction Kits" in MM?

KayKitty wrote on 7/7/2023, 8:26 PM

I was looking through Producer Planet for some more soundpools and stumbled across a few that said they were "Construction Kits" that seemed to come with WAV and MIDI files. Can you use these in the Music Maker program or are they for a different program? From my understanding these are basically the same as soundpools with the different instrument loops that work together, is that right?

(I wish Producer Planet had a way to filter what soundpools were actually compatible with the program I use...)

Comments

SP. wrote on 7/7/2023, 8:44 PM

@KayKitty If you set the label filter to Magix you'll get all Soundpools compatible with Music Maker.

https://producerplanet.com/us/audio/loops-samples-250/?label[]=magix

Technically, all other loop packs should also be compatible. Music Maker can load the audio and MIDI files.

But there isn't as much comfort working with them.

To make things easier you might check out sampler VSTs.

For example, the free Big Fish Audio Momentum can load audio loops and easily manipulate them. You can then play them with your MIDI keyboard.

The free drum sampler VST Sitala 1.0 lets you load and play drum samples easily. Since the paid version Sitala 2.0 came out, the version 1.0 is hidden behind the small "old version" link on their download page but it's still available.