Can't use the program due to crashing

ThePhantom-DJ wrote on 1/5/2023, 10:50 PM

Hi all i am a newby at this so apologies if i sound like one, I am having really bad problems with very slow actions happening, and what i mean is, lets say magix music maker premuim has loaded and i click on soundpool then i have to wait 30 - 40 second before i can make another selection, when i load a loop and selected it to create it takes up to 20 sec to create and then it crashes, it does that all the time. Now i have downloaded and installed your beta version and the same things are still happening, if i select feature it lets me click on it but the menu can take up to 1 min to load, once loaded it will let me wait for 30 seconds and then i can select what i want, it doesn't fix these issues, so is there something else i could do to address this problem.

CPU:

Intel Core i7 10700KF cpu@3.80GHz

M/BOARD:

AUDIO: On M/board.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-E GAMING WIFI

RAM:

DDR4 / G-SKILL 64GBytes 4x16

GRAPHICS:

EVGA / NVIDIA GeForce GTX II SC 1080 Ti  11GBytes GDDR.5x

HDD:

As per attachment

WINDOWS:

As per attachment

Comments

SP. wrote on 1/6/2023, 12:56 AM

@ThePhantom-DJ This may help https://www.elevenforum.com/t/turn-on-or-off-text-cursor-indicator-in-windows-11.5796/ For some reason the Windows 11 text indicator seems to brake the GUI of Music Maker on some computers. You need to disable it. It's possible it will be re-enabled after a Windows update. Then you need to disable it again. Please try it and tell us, if this helps to solve your problem.

ThePhantom-DJ wrote on 1/6/2023, 2:25 AM

Hi Shawn.

Thank you for your great advice, i followed the instructions and my cursor is in the off position when i clicked on Text cursor. I have now downloaded the REG on/off cursor and i have added the off REG it changed the registry and i will now reboot and come with the result......I have rebooted the pc, started screen recording for 2 and half min and you can see for yourself that as soon as the creation starts for the loop bang it crashes, but you can also see how slow the program runs and it is only Magix that does all this. 

emmrecs wrote on 1/6/2023, 3:34 AM

@ThePhantom-DJ

Thank you for the video. Yes, that is really slow!

I'm not sure of the reasons but there are two things you might wish to check:

1. Your build of Win 11 is shown as 21H2. That is two full builds behind the latest, 22H2. Perhaps, as a first stage, update your OS.
  2. I think the problem may be to do with graphics. So, have you checked that the drivers for your GTX 1080 are fully up to date, via the NVidia site, not via Windows Update.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

ThePhantom-DJ wrote on 1/6/2023, 5:32 AM

Hi Jeff.

I have checked all info, i did update both windows and Nvidia rebooted and now Magix when it opens can't do anything on it, not even exit, i had to hit CTRL ALT + Del for task manager and then exit Magix.

As per attachment for update info.

emmrecs wrote on 1/6/2023, 6:44 AM

@ThePhantom-DJ

Sorry this seems to have made matters worse! 😱😱

Can you show an updated screenshot of your Windows version (i.e., similar to the one you showed in your first post) please, since that definitely shows you running WIn 11 21H2? I don't run Win 11 but I'm certain the latest build is 22H2. (Just to confirm everything is OK there.)

One other thing: you might want to obscure the various email addresses visible in the different images you've posted. To not do so is to risk rather a lot of Spam!

Then, can you read this blog post about accessing Windows Reliability Monitor in Win 11, please and follow the tutorial and then post here the "Technical Details" screen data so we can see what is causing these failures on your computer?

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

SP. wrote on 1/6/2023, 7:54 AM

@ThePhantom-DJ Try to disable the text indicator again. If it doesn't make a difference, try running Music Maker as administrator Windows by right clicking on the shortcut icon.

Try also to reset the program settings of Music Maker under the File > Settings menu.

If you cannot get into the program then go to the folder C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\MAGIX\mm31 and delete the MusicMaker.ini file.  This will reset your program settings.  The ini file will be recreated with the default settings at the next start

ThePhantom-DJ wrote on 1/9/2023, 4:56 AM

What I did only was to delete the MusicMaker ini file, then i ran Music Maker as administrator, then i started Magix and it was flying fast, so i did a screen recording to show you all that it goes really fast now, but also to show you the new Error message i get now after deleting the ini file.

I just want say thanks to all of you who have come here to help me with this issue and got magix running fast, so thank you all.

SP. wrote on 1/9/2023, 5:18 AM

@ThePhantom-DJ It's good to hear you got it working better.

I believe the error message usually means that there is a Song Maker AI file missing in the Soundpool's folder (properties.json). But EDM Discharge should have these file if you downloaded it from the in-app-store. But in your video it looks like it works regardless of the error message. Maybe it's a bug that the error message is shown. You could also try to uninstall the Soundpool with a right click on its name. Then redownload it from the store. I have the problem that I need to uninstall it twice before it's gone. It is possible that you will encounter the same problem. So you only need to repeat the uninstall with a right click for it to work.

If you click on the gear icon in the top right corner of the Song Maker window you can change the AI influence. If you select a lower AI influence level the error message should disappear.