Can't use Cinematic Soundscapes

Ar0h wrote on 4/16/2023, 7:22 AM

I'm having issues how to use Cinematic Soundscapes. I own the 2018 Music Maker Premium and I used to be able to either double click on Soundscapes or load it onto the VST Piano and use my keyboard to play sounds, but now I cannot utilize any of my virtual instruments that aren't the basic piano. I'm unsure if I'm missing something or if how to load it has changed. If I try to load a sound from it onto the piano, it creates an error and says .wav file can't be found.

I'm unsure if the way to do it has changed, or if I need to download a VSTi so that I can properly play these sounds like before.

Comments

SP. wrote on 4/16/2023, 12:06 PM

@Ar0h MIDI REC needs to be enabled in the track header. Please check this.

Ar0h wrote on 4/16/2023, 4:44 PM

@Ar0h MIDI REC needs to be enabled in the track header. Please check this.

Changed it to Midi Rec and still sounds like a regular piano, changed the piano at the bottom to be Soundscapes -> Dark Cathedral and no sounds

Can't get the virtual instrument to pop up either like before. Like so:

Also, any time I relaunch Music Maker, it has me redownload all these VST Instruments again.

SP. wrote on 4/16/2023, 4:49 PM

@Ar0h Hmm, maybe it helps to reinstall the Vita Instruments. If you open Windows Apps and Features and uninstall Magix Content and Soundpools you'll get a list of Vita Instruments you can select for uninstallation. Maybe try this with Cinematic Soundscapes and redownload it from the in-app-store.

Or try to rescan the VST path in the program settings under the Folders tab.