Can't seem to install the right version

Terry-VanDuzee wrote on 3/31/2022, 7:08 PM

I have had music maker since 2014. I continually update the product. Recently, I updated and found it no longer said I had premium, but only shows up as if were the basic version. When I go to help/about, it just says music maker (not music maker premium). I completely uninstalled all music maker product/add-ons etc, rebooted and ran the music maker premium Installation(2020). It said premium in the splash screens before the install began, but same issue. (I do not like the newest interface at all). I'm getting quite frustrated with the software. I can't seem to download the 2 free soundpool collections or the free soundpool (when I click on the item I want to download/install, I then click purchase; but nothing happens.

Any Ideas?

Terry

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 4/1/2022, 3:53 AM

@Terry-VanDuzee

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

MM 2022 Premium is a purchased upgrade. Assuming you previously had MM 2021 Premium, also a purchased upgrade, you should be able to enter its serial number(s), along with those for any other earlier versions which MM 2022 will recognise.

So, exactly which version upgrades have you actually paid for? If your last purchase was for MM 2021 Premium, you will have access to ALL the content included with it, but not to any additional content that was offered with MM 2022 Premium.

If you are uncertain about exactly which versions you have or have paid for, you should be able to go to your Magix account, log in, go to My products and check what is shown there.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Terry-VanDuzee wrote on 4/1/2022, 8:21 AM

I have purchased premium 2015, 2018,, 2019, 2020.

Ive also purchased lots of the plugins and over the years many soundpools.

I don't see (after installing), anything that says it is premium (I did download premium and run the premium installer.

When I open the store (in the software), I see I have 2 soundpool collections and 1 soundpool that I qualify to download for free. But the "Purchase" button does nothing.

browj2 wrote on 4/1/2022, 9:06 AM

@Terry-VanDuzee

Hi,

Music Maker, the program, is free. You cannot buy it. Editions are not free, except for the Free Edition. There is no Edition program; there is no "premium installer." What you are installing is the program, Music Maker.

You need the Program and then you activate an Edition in the program. If you upgrade to Music Maker 2022, then when you log in you will immediately see the last Edition that you had activated. You then have to go to the Downloads tab and download and install everything that is there. So, you can have Music Maker 2022 (free) with 2021 Premium activated (along with any previous Editions).

Sometimes it takes up to a minute for the program to react properly to show the correct last Edition, so it could say Free Edition for a while, then it will change. The same with the Store; it sometimes takes a while for the program to catch up.

Which version of Music Maker do you have?

This is what the Welcome screen for Music Maker 2022 looks like when you open it.

The version is indicated at the bottom right - 30.0.5.46.

Above that you will see the Edition that is last activated and right below that in blue is a link to "All activated Music Maker Editions." Click on it to see that your previous activated Editions show up.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos