Can't seem to get anywhere on MM

paul-anderton wrote on 12/17/2017, 5:50 AM

Hi there, I'm yet another Humble Bundle customer...

I predominantly bought it for Vegas, but I am in the market for a new DAW and MM looks interesting. Unfortunately I'm having a few issues:

1. The keyboard at the bottom is messed up - it appears too big for the window, and mouse clicks don't line up with the keys or controls. I've tried resizing the window, but the keyboard scale slider is still just off the edge of the window, so I can't resize the keyboard.

2. I can't find a way to record audio. Loops are all well and good, but I just don't use them for my composing.

3. I can't find a way to use my own VSTs.

Simple question: Are these issues which can be easily resolved, or am I wasting my time on the version of Music Maker I have?

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 12/17/2017, 9:28 AM

Hi

. . . . The keyboard at the bottom is messed up . . . .

See this topic for a possible fix.

. . . . I can't find a way to use my own VSTs. . . . .

The version you have does not support additional VST's - only those purchased in store.

. . . . Are these issues which can be easily resolved, or am I wasting my time on the version of Music Maker . . . .

Assuming you want to do more advanced music creation you need to buy the Music Maker Plus or Premium versions which have more functionality, more instruments, allows additional 3rd party VST's and has more soundpools - see the comparison chart.

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Larry98 wrote on 12/17/2017, 9:34 AM

You can unlock them for 9,99$ or by activating a older version or plus or premium editon.

paul-anderton wrote on 12/17/2017, 2:32 PM

Thanks for your help guys. Looking at the comparison chart, it seems that MM can't handle what I'm looking for, so I think I'm more in need of Samplitude or the like.

elcottero wrote on 4/3/2018, 4:52 PM

You can unlock them for 9,99$ or by activating a older version or plus or premium editon.

Yes, you have said this a few times, that you can purchase VST support for the Premium version, but would you be so kind as to detail exactly how to achieve this purchase?

I have been all through the "Store" and can find no way to make this purchase.