Can't record with midi

ofer-zamir wrote on 1/9/2022, 2:45 AM

Hello. my keyboard that I am using is "casio ctk 6200" and acid 9.0 recognize it in preferences.

when i play i have indication from acid that when i play there is a light on the track.

The problem is when i press record it's not recording anything. but there is still indication from acid that it's work.

there is a sound and when i play on the keyboard all work fine.

but it's not recording . i followed the acid how to web site how to record and still nothing. am I missing something ?

i tried to open the piano roll with G key but it only play the piano. what can i do? please help if you can. thanks.

Comments

SP. wrote on 1/9/2022, 3:07 AM

@ofer-zamir Why are you using your MIDI keyboard as an output instead of a VST instrument? I don't know if this will make a difference but I would suggest you change this.

ofer-zamir wrote on 1/9/2022, 3:17 AM

so i can't use an organ on a daw? do i have to use vst?

SP. wrote on 1/9/2022, 5:40 AM

@ofer-zamir What do you want to achieve? You want to record the sound of the the organ?

ofer-zamir wrote on 1/9/2022, 5:47 AM

Yes. i have talked with the organ company and they said that i need to connect output from the organ to the input of the sound card. so i will go today to buy the cables and hope fully all will be ok. after connecting.

SP. wrote on 1/9/2022, 6:11 AM

@ofer-zamir OK. Yes that is correct, you need to connect the audio output of the organ with the audio input of your computers audio interface and then record the sound as an audio track.

ofer-zamir wrote on 1/9/2022, 7:46 AM

ok so i have connect the cables and when I creating an audio track it's looks like acid receiving the signal but nothing writing in the track it self. what can I do about that please?

SP. wrote on 1/9/2022, 8:12 AM

@ofer-zamir Did you start the recording with the red button?

ofer-zamir wrote on 1/9/2022, 8:26 AM

Yes i have it's recording but there is a quite noise when I am recording and I don't know what to do about it. or how to set it to go away. when serring a wave file like one shot file it's ok with no noise.

SP. wrote on 1/9/2022, 9:24 AM

@ofer-zamir Noise could be caused by interference with other electric signals or by bad connections or electrical parts. I don't know what organ are you using. Is it very old?

Are you recording a loud signal? If you record a very quiet signal and boost it up afterwards, you will also boost the noise in the background. That is why you should record a lound signal, for example with audio levels between -20 dB and -6 dB.

johnebaker wrote on 1/9/2022, 10:13 AM

@ofer-zamir

Hi

. . . .  i have connect the cables and when I creating an audio track it's looks like acid receiving the signal but nothing writing in the track it self. . . .

Have you connected the Casio keyboard Line out to the Line in of the audio card, and selected the audio card Line in as the recording source in Acid? If not do so, the signal levels should then be correct for recording.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

ofer-zamir wrote on 1/9/2022, 11:54 AM

Thanks I am good. Thanks for the help. bye bye.