Can't record through mic and no audio

David-Bates wrote on 5/14/2021, 3:42 AM

I am tryig to troubleshoot the fact that I cant record through a mic and also cant reliably hear any audio at all. I have tried the things suggested on similar threads. When I have the correct ASIO4ALL driver selected for recording (which I cant get to work either) I cant hear any audio from anything in Music Maker.

Can I just ask some questions before I proceed. 1. Is it possible to record audio from a mic whilst playing back some music through the software so you can tell where you are in the song? 2. Assuming I can get audio to record and want to listen to the recording along with other tracks do you have to change the driver settings to Direct etc before playback each time. Going back into settings inbetween recording and playback will get very tiresome so if thats the way it is I am going to request a refund as that will be too frustrating.

Any advise much appreiated, I am trying to sort the software for my autistic daughter who loves to sing and want to record and compose songs. Spent several late nights trying to sort but getting no-where fast. Also app seems to crash a lot is that normal experience for most people?

Its a new pc running Windows 10. Happy to post all the screenshots of settings etc but wanted to get answers to the above 2 points before I invest any more time.

thanks in advance :-)

Here are my settings:

Comments

SP. wrote on 5/14/2021, 4:07 AM

@David-Bates

1. Yes, if you select and configure the ASIO driver correctly. Have you ever clicked on the "Advanced..."-Button?
  2. You don't need to switch the drivers.

This is how I have configured my laptop. Please take a look at this screenshots. I have a simple Realtek soundchip. It is activated in the driver settings. I also activated the input and output.

Screenshots of your settings would be very helpful for trouble shooting.

What are you doing when the app crashes? Does it happen randomly or can it be reproduced?

David-Bates wrote on 5/14/2021, 11:06 AM

Thanks SP I will check settings and post the screen grabs over the weekend. Thanks for answering those 2 qustions I now have more faith to carry on and get it working :-)

johnebaker wrote on 5/15/2021, 11:00 AM

@David-Bates

Hi

To upload images to the forum - click the Upload button, blue circle with up pointing arrow, above when posting.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.