Can't log in to my MM Account

Ron-Coutts wrote on 8/24/2021, 5:19 AM

Hi Guys,

I bought a 2nd laptop and I downloaded and installed Music Maker 2022 Premium to it (it was already installed on my 'downstairs' laptop, and I wanted it 'upstairs' too). It all went well, no problems. I was able to sign in, load all my projects, everything was as it should be. That was yesterday. Today, I opened MM 2022 and I received the (attached) message when I tried to sign in. Which effectively means I am running the 'Free' version on this laptop and can't load my existing projects as they have more than 8 tracks. The original downstairs laptop is still running MM 2022 and it is still just fine.

I didn't turn the laptop off overnight (although I usually do), so I'm not sure what could have possibly changed since I quit out of MM yesterday and trying to reopen it today. I have tried re-booting the machine, to no avail. I have checked Windows Firewall settings and Music Maker has access to the internet. Both laptops are running Windows 10. Both laptops have downloaded and installed the latest version of MM.

In addition to no longer being able to log into my account from the new laptop, every time I quit Music Maker it fires up my browser and opens this link ... https://www.magix.com/index.php?id=20085&phash=bN2lasNRojXL9DwI&L=52&C=220&_oB=premium which is the Purchase page for upgrading to Music Maker Premium - which I already have.

Comments

coneman wrote on 8/24/2021, 5:26 AM

Yea well I'm having similar problems since I purchased the premium, crashes, goes back to free version, and wont even let me log back in . Why you have to be online to use this program is BS.

Tascam US-366 usb audio interface.
Processor    AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor                 3.95 GHz
Installed RAM    32.0 GB
10 pro
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
AMD Radeon RX5700

SP. wrote on 8/24/2021, 5:56 AM

@Ron-Coutts @coneman

Usually you can solve this problem by cleaning the store cache. You go into the program settings and click on the button to clean up the store.

But the error message in the screenshot looks like the Magix servers aren't correctly working. This is the disadvantage of always-online-software. If the servers are down your software doesn't work.

Graham-Hawker wrote on 8/24/2021, 6:16 AM

There was certainly some weird stuff with the Magix servers early today UK time. I haven't checked since.

Ron-Coutts wrote on 8/26/2021, 5:50 AM

Thank you all for your input. @coneman I tried clearing the store cache, unfortunately, it made no difference. However ... 24 hours later and the problem seems to have rectified itself. I'm guessing there was a problem with the servers at Magix's end. Whatever, I'm back up and running so all is good in my little world again. But it is a pain in the proverbial that you need to be online for a program that you have purchased to work,

browj2 wrote on 8/26/2021, 8:15 AM

@Ron-Coutts

Hi,

But it is a pain in the proverbial that you need to be online for a program that you have purchased to work,

I would agree but, so long as you have done everything, logged in, etc., then closed Music Maker (2022) normally, you can disconnect from the internet and open Music Maker and it will detect your email address and Edition and you can use everything except the Store as per normal.

In the image below, you can see that it looks like I am logged in even though you can clearly see that I am not connected to the internet.

Of course, MMM will need to phone home occasionally.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

coneman wrote on 8/26/2021, 8:41 AM

Yes I was able to use Music Maker off line. But I have had the program crash (on line / off line) looking at samples used as wave and mainly ones not Magix may be the problem, Specs of my PC will handle Music Maker.

Last changed by coneman on 8/26/2021, 8:58 AM, changed a total of 2 times.

Tascam US-366 usb audio interface.
Processor    AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor                 3.95 GHz
Installed RAM    32.0 GB
10 pro
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
AMD Radeon RX5700

Ron-Coutts wrote on 8/26/2021, 7:55 PM

@browj2 TBH I have noted that sometimes (on my original installation on the downstairs laptop), I didn't need to be on-line to have full access to Premium. But to be fair, I'm so rarely off-line it's not something that I consciously track.

Martin-Oxenham wrote on 7/3/2023, 12:49 PM

Part of my log in for my account contains four digits, 1466. When I try to log in when music maker is open, the numeric 1 becomes slightly smaller like its in a smaller font and Magix wont let me log in. If i go to the browser no problem to log into website but it doesnt really help me when i need to access all my paid for samples

SP. wrote on 7/3/2023, 1:28 PM

@Martin-Oxenham Please contact customer support at infoservice@magix.net

This might be a bug.

Are you using the newest version? Did it work fine in the prevoius version? You could ask customer service for a download link for the previous version.

Have you tried to write your login name in a different application and copy-paste it into the text field?

In the meantime you can download all your paid loops from Producerplanet.com. Simply log in with the same account and look under "My Products". But this will not work for loops you've acquired in the Loops Unlimited subscription.

And without a working login Music Maker will also revert to the free version, which is quite unfortunate.