Can't log in or download soundpools

david-emmett wrote on 5/31/2022, 3:29 AM

I recently moved all my magix music maker software (I have 2022 premium edition) to an external hard drive as the space on my C drive was limited. I stripped everything off C drive and then re downloaded everything to the new D drive. It initially worked fine and I set it up to log me in automatically on starting.

I wanted to download some additional soundpools / FX yesterday as I am subscribed to loops unlimited. However, some soundpools showed a price not the download option and others just didn't download at all. If I clicked to download, I got the usual pop up but then a load of code appeared and the pop up then disappeared and nothing happened.

This morning I logged out of the software to see if a new log in might clear the issue. I now can't log back in. If I click on log in on the software, I get a blank pop up box that stays for around 5 secs then disappears.

Help please :)

Comments

SP. wrote on 5/31/2022, 3:41 AM

@david-emmett Please try the following:

• Open the program settings and click on the button to clean up the store. This will delete the old store cache and can help with these problems.
  • If this doesn't work you can also try to reset the program settings under the File > Settings menu.
david-emmett wrote on 5/31/2022, 3:48 AM

Oh dear, that seems to have made it worse. I clicked on the clean up store option and the software rebooted. As it restarted I got a pop up saying it was already running and continuing might cause problems. I clicked on 'no' and now it won't load at all.

Any more ideas?

SP. wrote on 5/31/2022, 4:10 AM

@david-emmett Yes. Reboot your computer.

david-emmett wrote on 5/31/2022, 4:23 AM

Done - and made no difference :(

Graham-Hawker wrote on 5/31/2022, 4:30 AM

I'm probably wrong but I think people have had trouble when moving stuff from expected locations especially as Music Maker puts things all over the place. It could be that there are registry settings that no longer work or just that the program is confused.

johnebaker wrote on 5/31/2022, 4:51 AM

@david-emmett

Hi

As @Graham-Hawker has commented it sounds like the program is now in a state where you need to uninstall it, cleanup remaining files, folders and registry items and re-install.

I would advise you not to cleanup files, folders and registry items left behind manually as this can cause issues.

Use Revo Uninstaller Free to start the uninstall and when that is complete let it scan for the leftovers and delete them, reboot the computer, and then re-install specifying the folder locations you need for the program install, Soundpools and project locations to the new drive.

Note - the installer will still put some parts of the installation on the C: drive this is necessary and they should not be moved.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

SP. wrote on 5/31/2022, 5:15 AM

@david-emmett If there is still a message that Music Maker is alredy running after you rebooted your computer you didn't reboot your computer correctly. You don't turn it off and back on, that is not a reboot but just a different kind of standby. You need to select the restart option.