Can't hear or play anything

Jonah-Khalifa wrote on 11/7/2021, 10:39 PM

I just downloaded Magix Music Maker. I tried clicking on a soundpool and nothing played. I tried dragging it into the arranger, but when I click the play button, nothing happens. The little progress bar doesn't even move. I tried switching to the wasapi driver and selecting my speakers, but that didn't work. I tried quitting and reopening the app, it still couldn't play anything. I tried going through the tutorial and when I click the pause button it says I started playback, but nothing happened. Please help

Comments

SP. wrote on 11/8/2021, 6:21 AM

@Jonah-Khalifa

Please configure a different audio driver in the program settings. Direct Sound should work fine for playback. If you want to use ASIO, which is necessary if you want to hear anything while you are playing with a keyboard, you need to configure all inputs and outputs by clicking on the "Advanced..." button. If your outputs are not activated the playback stops like you described.

If you have selected the Magix Low Latency driver inside the program settings in Music Maker you will not have any sound outside of Music Maker because this driver requires exclusive access to your sound hardware. You should get your sound back after closing Music Maker or after doing a clean reboot of your computer. You can get around this issue by using another ASIO driver like the FL Studio ASIO driver. Just install the free FL Studio demo and then select FL Studio ASIO in the Music Maker audio settings. The Steinberg ASIO driver may also work fine if you install the free Steinberg Wavelab demo.