Can't get external keyboard controller to work with Acid Pro 10

Mike-Paulsen wrote on 4/14/2021, 11:53 AM

I can't get my Alesis Q25 keyboard controller to work with Acid Pro 10. When I set it up in the MIDI Preferences, it throws the following error:

Warning: An error occurred during the current operation.
The system is low on memory. You may be able to reduce memory usage by closing other applications.

The output device Q25 could not allocate memory.
The input device Q25 could not allocate memory.

I have 32GB of RAM and I'm only using about 50% right now, so this makes no sense. Any ideas?

Comments

james-h wrote on 4/15/2021, 10:07 AM

Make sure everything's ticked, in and out. Shut down Acid, unplug the usb cable from the keyboard for 5 seconds, one back in and boot up Acid. Works for me.

mark-sjones wrote on 9/28/2023, 4:00 PM

I have the same problem with my Oxygen49. Worked perfectly a few days ago. Windows 11 update a day or two ago. I get the following messages repeatedly.

'The output device Oxygen 49 could not allocate memory.'

'The playback device Speakers (USB Audio Device) does not exist.'

'An error occurred while starting playbck. The request is not enabled for this device.'

I've reinstalled Acid and tried a number of output configurations. Acid no longer seems to recognise where the signals are being sent. One minute it works and then when I load a midi instrument...it cuts the connection.

I have a Denon amp that I can switch between bluetooth and analogue line in.

It's hard to figure out what is going on.

Some help would be appreciated.

SP. wrote on 9/28/2023, 4:23 PM

@mark-sjones You use a keyboard as an output device???

Please make sure all pending Windows updates are completely installed. Reboot the computer by selecting Restart and not Shut down.

Please show us a screenshot of your Acid audio settings and audio driver configuration. You can use the blue arrow icon above the response text box to upload images to this forum.

You might want to reset Acid to its default settings. Hold CTRL and SHIFT and double click on the Acid program icon to start the program. Keep holding CTRL and SHIFT until a small window appears that will ask you if you want to reset the program settings.

Check out this topic: https://www.magix.info/us/forum/controllers-found-to-work-well-with-acid-pro--1326224/

mark-sjones wrote on 9/28/2023, 4:45 PM

Thanks SP - that was quick! :o)

I have tried all sorts. When I load an instrument it cuts out the output signal path and won't begin playback. That sort of thing. Was working perfectly a few days ago.

Same thing when I switch to the Denon Amp.

Windows system is recognising all of the outputs. I can use other audio apps no problem.

The midi keyboard works fine with standalone Native Instrument apps like Kontakt.

I tried to do a reset as suggested but it goes straight to asking if I want to run the program.

SP. wrote on 9/28/2023, 6:53 PM

@mark-sjones Thanks for the images. Please select Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth as a MIDI track payback device, not your keyboard. Since your audio playback audio output is set to USB Audio Device, not Denon COEL, does it make a difference if you set Windows playback also to USB Audio Device?

mark-sjones wrote on 9/29/2023, 2:42 AM

Hi @SP. I had to go to bed! I've tried all those variations. It was working fine until (you guessed it) the last Windows update and then it just keeps throwing up these messages. I have put in a ticket with support, and have done a syscheck log for them. See what they say. It's strange behaviour because I don't have a very complicated setup. I shall post the any issues, solutions they come up with...