Can't get Acid Music Studio 10 to get passed the serial number

Natalie-Napper wrote on 10/21/2022, 6:17 PM

I just bought acid music studio 10 my from amazon. my computer is too old for number 11. so if you can help me to download and help 10 to work on my computer I can't it to get past the serial number if fact I enter it in once and then it tells me it needs to restart then it brings me right back to the same window that says you're demo of Acid Music Studio 10 has end if you have perched please enter the serial number I have done this so many times I am ready to throw my Laptop out the window

Comments

SP. wrote on 10/21/2022, 6:51 PM

@Natalie-Napper Try running ACID as administrator by right clicking on the program icon and selecting the entry in the right click menu. Maybe ACID cannot save the registration to your computer depending on your Windows user account settings.

Natalie-Napper wrote on 10/21/2022, 10:38 PM

I try that it is still the same problem any other idea would please

emmrecs wrote on 10/22/2022, 3:37 AM

@Natalie-Napper

It sounds very much as if the connection to the Magix Registration server is being blocked, perhaps by your Antivirus and/or Firewall.

Try temporarily turning these off and then attempt again to register. Just don't forget to reenable them afterwards!

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

SP. wrote on 10/22/2022, 3:39 AM

@Natalie-Napper I think it's odd, that the program asks you to restart it. As far as I know it should only show a window where you would need to enter your Magix user account e-mail address and the P3 serial number. After registering it just should run without a restart.

Can you upload a screenshot with the registration window (please make your personal information unreadable) and the restart message? You can use the blue arrow icon above the text box. Then we could see in detail what is happening.

Natalie-Napper wrote on 10/22/2022, 5:55 PM

I have tried taking down my firewall that did not work and here are the pictures of the screens that keep popping up

SP. wrote on 10/22/2022, 7:23 PM

@Natalie-Napper That looks suspicious. Every Magix software I own will show the following screen if I start it for the first time:

I'm not sure what you bought or downloaded, but it doesn't look like official Magix software. I don't own ACID Music Studio 10, so I don't exactly know how the screen will look like, but I'm pretty sure it should look like my two screenshots above which are from ACID Music Studio 11. I would highly recommend you contact customer support at infoservice@magix.net and ask them for assistance.

In the worst case you downloaded some kind of phishing software or trojan and now your computer system is infected. If you have a valid serial number you can always download the official installers from here https://www.magix.com/int/support/my-service-center/product-downloads/

Upload your downloaded ACID program to virustotal.com and it will be automatically checked by dozens of antivirus software.

Natalie-Napper wrote on 10/22/2022, 8:37 PM

I will try that but it does take me to the official website so I'm hoping that it's not a virus or a Trojan

johnebaker wrote on 10/23/2022, 4:33 AM

@Natalie-Napper

Hi

From the image you have posted and checking Amazon it looks like you have purchased the old Sony version of Acid Music Studio 10 which is obsolete and is trying to register with the Sony servers which are no longer available.

I would suggest you contact Amazon for a refund.

. . . . my computer is too old for number 11 . . . .

If the computer is running Windows 10 then it may be OK for Acid Music Studio 10 - what is your computer and Windows version, see this topic for what is required and please quote processor and graphics card make/model in full.

I would suggest you put this information in your profile signature so we do not have to keep asking for it.
John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 10/23/2022, 5:01 AM, changed a total of 2 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Natalie-Napper wrote on 10/24/2022, 2:03 AM

Forgive me but I'm a novice when it comes to computers so I'm afraid I don't know what a quote processor and graphics card make model is so I couldn't post it even if I wanted to sorry about that but I have done what you suggested and requested a refund from Amazon

johnebaker wrote on 10/24/2022, 4:12 AM

@Natalie-Napper

Hi

. . . . .  I'm afraid I don't know what a quote processor and graphics card make model is so I couldn't post it  . . . .

To get most of the information we require do the following:

Right click on the Windows button and select Device Manager as seen in the image below

In Device Manager open the sections shown in the image below - these will give you the Processor, Graphics and Audio information we need - see image below - yours may not be as complicated as mine.

HTH

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 10/24/2022, 4:13 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.