Can't find mastering or auto mastering in the mix rack.

Kunal-Kadam wrote on 5/17/2020, 5:42 AM

Recently I've downloaded the MAGIX music maker 2020 software & can't find mastering or auto mastering in the mix rack.I tried to search in the manual, it shows that mastering option is also present in the effects tab, but that's still not present in my case. Please help me with this problem.

Its installed on Windows 10 OS with 4GB RAM, 2.20GHz processor & still 380GM storage left.

Comments

Graham-Hawker wrote on 5/17/2020, 6:58 AM

I'm using version 19 updated to the last update. I select the FX button for the left and right main channels from the mixer. This lists mastering effects. Alternatively from the effects menu/audio/master audio effects rack. I don't have the auto mastering option but would expect to see it in the same way. At the bottom of the effects list there is a + and - button to add additional effects.

Which version are you using - Free, Plus or Premium? Is auto mastering available in all versions?

I notice that there is also something called Mastering Suite in the Premium Effects feature in the store but I'm not sure this adds anything different except perhaps a multiband compressor.

Kunal-Kadam wrote on 5/17/2020, 7:20 AM

I'm using the normal free version of it... I dont know abot auto mastering availability in all versions, but I think that normal mastering should be present in the software..

Graham-Hawker wrote on 5/17/2020, 7:50 AM

In the free version you get an equaliser, compressor and stereo processor which are the standard mastering effects.

Kunal-Kadam wrote on 5/17/2020, 8:02 AM

Thankyou! I'll search it in premium effects... Is it popossib that while installing software they had unticked 2 checkbox by default & in bracket it was saying that install this is useless .. Can this be the problem?

emmrecs wrote on 5/17/2020, 8:44 AM

@Kunal-Kadam

This is a duplicate thread to a question, which I have just answered, in this thread. Please do not create duplicate posts, they serve only to confuse users who might wish to offer advice but don't know to which thread they should post.

Just to be clear about your issue: you've confirmed here that you are using the Free version. The Mastering Suite, along with many other features is available only in the paid-for versions. Should oyu decide to upgrade, the advice is always to buy the Premium version since it includes the greatest number of additional features, all at the one price.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Graham-Hawker wrote on 5/17/2020, 8:49 AM

I had never installed Premium FX as one of my free options so I just did and I now have the full list of Mastering Effects and also the Auto Mastering option as well as the mastering button in the mixer that Jeff mentioned in the other thread.