Comments

SP. wrote on 12/25/2022, 7:09 PM

@stacey-broughton Since you gave no detailed information there can be different reasons.

Maybe Magix' servers are offline. Try again later.

Purchased from which vendor? Magix? If yes, then make sure your are online and logged in. Third party sellers usually sell voucher codes which need to be redeemed first at https://www.magix.com/redeem

Purchased used copies of Music Maker need to be unregistered by the previous owner before you can use them.

stacey-broughton wrote on 12/26/2022, 4:16 AM

Here is more info on my purchase-I bought the download at what looks to be a magix website, I have bought software in the past so I have an account. It was asking for serial number and computer number.

stacey-broughton wrote on 12/26/2022, 4:35 AM

Also, the purchase was a Christmas Day purchase of Music Maker Plus 2023

johnebaker wrote on 12/26/2022, 4:58 AM

@stacey-broughton

HI

I have removed your last comment - please do not post order numbers or any other confidential information such as serial numbers, email address and contact details.

. . . . . It was asking for serial number and computer number . . . .

The program should not be asking for the computer number unless you have opted to activate off-line.

. . . . I bought the download at what looks to be a magix website . . . .

Can you provide the link for the website used to purchase the software.

Whether you purchased from a 3rd party vendor or Magix you should have received a confirmation email with either a voucher/coupon code, which will be a sequence of characters, or a serial number which begins with P3-.

Check your email spam folder if you did not recieve an email.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

stacey-broughton wrote on 12/26/2022, 5:16 AM

Yes, I have a follow-up email with a serial number. I could not activate the software.

stacey-broughton wrote on 12/26/2022, 5:59 AM

Yes, I have a follow-up email with a serial number. I could not activate the software.

Question: Is it possible to reload the download and activate it? Payment has already been made.

emmrecs wrote on 12/26/2022, 6:34 AM

@stacey-broughton

In addition to what you have already been advised, since you say I could not activate the software please tell us, step by step, exactly what you are doing and what happens. If you see any error message please quote it here in full, or provide a screenshot of it.

Redownloading and subsequent reinstalling should not be necessary and may, actually, create even more problems for you!

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

stacey-broughton wrote on 12/26/2022, 6:51 AM

After the purchase of the software, I received an email with the order number and the serial number.

I already had an account so I went directly to the activation page and put in my numbers but I was told that the serial number was already in use. I re-checked my numbers and tried again with the same results.

emmrecs wrote on 12/26/2022, 8:23 AM

@stacey-broughton

Activation/registration takes place from within the app, not via your account! So, whatever has happened, it is not a problem of activation.

@johnebaker asked about the actual code you have. Please do not quote it in full here but please tell us its first two digits. Serial/activation keys begin P3; anything else is a Coupon Code which must be redeemed. Doing so will produce an automated email with the full activation key.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam