Can I export/import track info to and from my friends "garageband

breasdaddy75 wrote on 8/1/2010, 12:20 PM
My friend has a mac w/ garage band can I ( and how) e-mail track info to and from him ...  I have a p.c. with music maker 16 premium   he has a mac I hope this is detailed enough.    Thank you in advance..

Comments

Former user wrote on 8/1/2010, 12:57 PM
Hi,

what do You mean by "track info" ?? If You want to mail Your MMM-Project, there is a function in MMM to do so. Of course the destination should use the same software, I don´t think that a Mac is any kind of problem. You can send the project file and the samples connected to it, should be no problem.

mfg

art bagua 
Procyon wrote on 8/1/2010, 9:54 PM
I'm afraid you have mis-read what he said.  Garageband and MMM project files are NOT interchangable.

What he said was.... (paraphrasing)

You can directly transfer MMM project files to another computer with MMM.

You could export an object from MMM as a WAV file and import it into Garageband and visa versa. However, if you've applied any effects to the object they will be permantly embedded.

I imagine either program can import any supported media type used by the other.
tanyaRedii43 wrote on 5/17/2018, 11:18 AM
My friend has a mac w/ garage band can I ( and how) e-mail track info to and from him ...  I have a p.c. with music maker 16 premium   he has a mac I hope this is detailed enough.    Thank you in advance..

I don't think there's any function which allows you to use garageband on cross devices

emmrecs wrote on 5/18/2018, 4:05 AM

@tanyaRedii43, welcome to the Magix forums.

Did you notice you had actually posted to a thread which is nearly eight years old? Although I suspect your answer is entirely correct, please do not resurrect such old posts.

I will now lock this thread.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam