background interference

pep- wrote on 2/27/2024, 11:36 AM

Hey guys,
I am new to Audio Forge 16, and I seem not capable of finding any options to filter out background interference that can be found in my recording (specifically a certain type of crackling).
for your information, I got a permanent license (yes I know I fucked up), and as a result I am lacking on a lot of plugins etc. Really wish magix gave me access too, but they seem to think 200$ isnt enough...

Is anyone willing to give me some directions? I can't use the file with this amount of crackling in the background during editing!

thank you in advance <3

Comments

rraud wrote on 2/28/2024, 10:27 AM

Try the vinyl restoration tools. Sound Forge Audio Studio has the eFX crackle removal tool, SF Pro has the legacy 'Noise Reduction Pack' (aka, NR-2.0) and IZotope's RX Elements. The SF Pro Suite includes the above, plus Steinberg's SpectraLayers Pro.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @pep-.

emmrecs wrote on 2/28/2024, 10:51 AM

@pep-

You write that you spent $200 buying the version of Sound Forge you have.

Can you confirm exactly which version of Sound Forge you have? Your mention of Audio Forge 16 suggests, as @rraud (Rick) has written, that you have Sound Forge Audio Studio 16, but I know of no way that the purchase of that would ever amount to $200!

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

pep- wrote on 3/1/2024, 9:15 AM

@pep-

You write that you spent $200 buying the version of Sound Forge you have.

Can you confirm exactly which version of Sound Forge you have? Your mention of Audio Forge 16 suggests, as @rraud (Rick) has written, that you have Sound Forge Audio Studio 16, but I know of no way that the purchase of that would ever amount to $200!

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Hey Jeff,

That was my mistake, I spend 200$ on Vegas 20 pro and Soundforge combined. Still a lot of money for someone who is trying to learn video and sound editing.
Just feel like I am being passed up left and right by having to pay 150$ to upgrade to go to vegas 21 for example! I also assume I do not have access to a lot of plugins I see in videos ,because I probably am not using a subscription service. Or I might be completely oblivious (which is def possible too).

Anyways, that set aside, @rraud thank you for your answer but sadly I could sadly not find either of the given options! <3

These are the options I see. unless I am searching in the completely wrong space! The audio restoration feature doesnt filter out the crackling that is happening :/

Please let me know if I can do anything about it <3

Thank you for your responses :D