AVCHD PROBLEMS (see below)

DianeKath wrote on 9/9/2012, 10:49 AM

I have two Panasonic Blu-Ray players, and have burned videos on AVCHD formats in the past on my Windows programs without any problems.  I selected the DVD/Blu-Ray AVCHD quality to burn my slideshow, but it will not play on either of my players.  What I burned were still photos--is that why they don't play?  Is AVCHD for videos only?  Would appreciate a response.  Thank you.

Comments

gandjcarr wrote on 9/9/2012, 12:48 PM

Hi, the Wikipedia definitcion for AVCHD (Advanced Video Coding High Definition) is a file-based format for the digital recording and playback of high-definition video. 

This from the current PhotoStory on CD & DVD Deluxe product specification sheet.

johnebaker wrote on 9/9/2012, 1:21 PM

Hi

Photostory will create an AVCHD or BD disc from whatever is on the timeline.

Will the disc play on your computer?

Are you burning onto BD or DVD disc?

Have you changed brand or batch of disc and are you using a reputable make of disc? 

Do your players recognise the disc but wont play it or just not recognise it and does nothing or gives you an error?

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 9/9/2012, 1:22 PM, changed a total of 2 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

DianeKath wrote on 9/9/2012, 2:34 PM

I haven't checked if it plays on the computer.

I am burning onto a regular DVD disc, and am using the same brand/s as I've used the last 5 years.  I have a Canon high def video cam, and I always burn my videos AVCHD via Pixella software.  NO PROBLEMS.

The only thing the players will play is the background audio on the opening menu screen.

I noted that when you select DVD/Blu-Ray when you go to turn--that there is a drop-down with all sorts of selections, and I have no idea what those are.  I just got the software the other day and successfully completed my first slideshow, and was able to burn it successfully by selecting the regular DVD, but I want to be able to burn/play them with the AVCHD mode.

Thank you.

Diane