Audio timing getting off

Cody-Carter wrote on 5/1/2022, 6:36 PM

Hey! So I am using acid pro 10 suite and this problem started around I think acid pro 9, but I will finish a session as far as recording goes. Save it render it all that good stuff and everything is fine, but then when I go in to open it back up later(usually to create stems to send to engineer) sometimes audio on certain parts timing has been changed and it’s like the clip has been dragged to the wrong spot and when I try to fix it I have to extend the beginning of the clip passed this weird little black line that shows up that wasn’t there before or it completely changes the line tempo and placement of the clip. I have no idea how this happens or how to fix it or make it stop. Anyone have an idea or can help me out? Thanks!

Comments

Cody-Carter wrote on 5/1/2022, 6:51 PM

I figured out a temporary fix I can go into clip properties and click reload and it fixed but does anyone know how to prevent it from happening in the first place?

SP. wrote on 5/1/2022, 11:59 PM

@Cody-Carter In which audio format are these problematic clips?

Cody-Carter wrote on 5/2/2022, 10:24 AM

@Cody-Carter In which audio format are these problematic clips?

Hi, thanks for the response.

They are .wav’s

SP. wrote on 5/2/2022, 11:25 AM

@Cody-Carter Ok, this means there is no problem with compressed formats like MP3 or OGG. Where are your WAV files stored? Is it on your hard disk, an external drive or a cloud storage?

Cody-Carter wrote on 5/2/2022, 1:36 PM

@Cody-Carter Ok, this means there is no problem with compressed formats like MP3 or OGG. Where are your WAV files stored? Is it on your hard disk, an external drive or a cloud storage?

They are stored on the internal hard drive same folder that it saves the projects in Acid Pro Projects folder.

this is the default spot that it had always stored then since I first got it years ago

SP. wrote on 5/2/2022, 4:45 PM

@Cody-Carter Two more ideas I would have, are to run ACID as administrator and and to change the compatibility mode to Windows 8. Maybe there is some problem that doesn't let it to load the files correctly.

You can also try to reset the program settings by holding CTRL and SHIFT and double clicking on the program icon and then selecting to reset the program settings and to clean the cache. But I'm not sure that this will do anything because your problem seem to have appeared in older versions, too..

Cody-Carter wrote on 5/2/2022, 5:41 PM

@Cody-Carter Two more ideas I would have, are to run ACID as administrator and and to change the compatibility mode to Windows 8. Maybe there is some problem that doesn't let it to load the files correctly.

You can also try to reset the program settings by holding CTRL and SHIFT and double clicking on the program icon and then selecting to reset the program settings and to clean the cache. But I'm not sure that this will do anything because your problem seem to have appeared in older versions, too..

I will try it out but yeah I’m not sure if it’ll work.