Audio Studio version 14, Win7 OS

fog wrote on 8/1/2021, 9:45 PM

My workstation is versioned out at Win7 64 bit OS because of the motherboard. I have installed the trial version of Audio Studio version 14, and it works fine. My understanding is that AS ver 15 only supports Win8 and Win10. Has anyone gotten it to work in Win7? When I try to upgrade the trial, it tries to install ver 15. Is there a way to purchase and install v.14 instead, or is the installer smart enough to install 14 once it goes ahead? I don't want to pay for 15 and have it be unusable, but I would be happy to pay for if it actually does work in Win7, or if it at least allows 14 to work. Advice? Thanks!

Comments

SP. wrote on 8/2/2021, 1:52 AM

@fog You can get an even older 12.6 version in the Music Maker in-app-store.for about $50 which is maybe even more compatible with Windows 7. I think you can get version 14 only in bundles from now on since version 15 released or you need to get it from third party vendors.

rraud wrote on 8/2/2021, 9:00 AM

Welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum @fog.

If the demo version works, it should work when it s fully activated.

fog wrote on 8/18/2021, 6:37 PM

I held my breath and bought 15 and installed it in W7. It seems fo be just fine. Whew! Other mileage may vary...