Comments

SP. wrote on 2/20/2024, 4:14 AM

@Jason-Bottomley Which error number is showing? Error -24, Error -14? Or a red X?

Jason-Bottomley wrote on 2/20/2024, 9:23 AM

It's a red x

SP. wrote on 2/20/2024, 9:57 AM

@Jason-Bottomley Then you're entering the serial number incorrectly. You can find your correct serial number in your customer account at Magix.com. Simply login with your e-mail and password and look under My Products.

Jason-Bottomley wrote on 2/20/2024, 10:14 AM

I've already done that several times and checked it several times to make sure it is correct

SP. wrote on 2/20/2024, 11:32 AM

@Jason-Bottomley Try copy-and-pasting the serial number from your account. This way you avoid typos (for example whitespaces or mistakenly entering the letter O instead of the number zero).

If this doesn't help, I'm not sure what the problem might be. Maybe you need to contact customer support at infoservice@magix.net and ask them for help.

Jason-Bottomley wrote on 2/20/2024, 12:36 PM

Thanks guy's, I've tried everything suggested on here but still not working

rraud wrote on 2/20/2024, 12:39 PM

You may want to try deactivating Sound Forge AS 17 on the PC you are having trouble with. Then reactivate. To deactivate SF on a PC online, log into the Magix Service Center> My Products. Choose your product, select "Show More Details" and choose 'Deactivate' on the PC. If that does not help, email Magic Customer Service: infoservice@magix.net .
As you are probably aware, one license can activate a perpetual version of Sound Forge 17 on two (2) PCs simultaneously. Only one (1) PC the can be activated at a time with the '365' subscription version.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @Jason-Bottomley.

Jason-Bottomley wrote on 2/20/2024, 12:54 PM

Hi raad, thanks fella but I've already tried that too. I had to reset my laptop as just installed Abelton live and was short on space in hard drive, I've also just bought a 49 key midi keyboard to use with it as now starting to remix, been a dj for 30 year's so thought I'd best start remixing.

SP. wrote on 2/20/2024, 4:12 PM

@Jason-Bottomley

Thanks guy's, I've tried everything suggested on here but still not working

Please send me a private message with a screenshot where you try to enter your serial number in the Activation window after you open Sound Forge. Maybe I can see a typo. But please don't post the screenshot here in the public forum.

Jason-Bottomley wrote on 2/20/2024, 4:33 PM

Appreciated SP will do that fella and thanks