Audio processing progress not showing. ProX 4

Cronoskus wrote on 8/15/2021, 1:58 AM

Many times if I'm either copying , pasting or adding fx, the processing window does not show and the only way to know the program is working is if I move the mouse, then the pointer moves, but does not change through different screen fields (arrow, finger, bar...) Usually this happens on heavy VIPs with lots of vst fx. The big issue is that if you don't notice the computer is working and you try to activate different fields, the program may crash.

Comments

SP. wrote on 8/15/2021, 5:44 AM

@Cronoskus What means "heavy VIPs"? 150 tracks with instruments and effects or much smaller? You can freeze tracks to lower the CPU load.

Cronoskus wrote on 8/17/2021, 10:32 PM

@Cronoskus What means "heavy VIPs"? 150 tracks with instruments and effects or much smaller? You can freeze tracks to lower the CPU load.

Not really. Just 20 something tracks, but some of them with various external fx. Some of those tracks are already frozen, so I don't really want to re- freeze in order to preserve un-freezing capability. I've already saved the whole project and exported all tracks as separated files so I don't have to wait 20 minutes just to copy/paste an object. I know external processors like Fab Filter use a lot of resources, so perhaps that's the cause. Anyways, some other projects just seem to work fine, so I'm not sure really what's the issue, but my concern is not about the time it takes to process, because that I can understand.The real problem is Samplitude is not telling me that it is working indeed. No clock icon or anything. One expects to see an icon or the bar that shows cpu load while processing, but instead I just see the screen as if nothing is going on. I can even move the mouse pointer but if I click on anything, the computer will just put all the clicks on hold and try to execute them when it finishes with the first process, so if I get impatient and click on different fields while it's processing, the program may crash. As I said, the only way to notice that something is going on, is to move the mouse and observe the pointer does not react to the different fields when you move it.