ASIO drivers have no audiO

hannah2021 wrote on 10/4/2021, 5:27 AM

I got a new laptop, and when i try to use magix asio driver in magix music maker (tried it in magix music maker 16 and the 2021 version) there's no sound at all. i tried downloading asio4all driver instead and the same problem. the only driver that works is wasapi but that doesn't solve the latency problem i need an asio driver to work. has anybody had this problem and how to fix it?

Comments

SP. wrote on 10/4/2021, 5:47 AM

@hannah2021 Have you clicked on the "Advanced..." button in the Music Maker Audio/MIDI program settings and activated your audio inputs and outputs?

hannah2021 wrote on 10/4/2021, 5:54 AM

yes have tried all that. i have seen others have a similar trouble. but no solution has been presented.

SP. wrote on 10/4/2021, 5:55 AM

@hannah2021 Please make a screenshot of your settings and upload it here with the arrow symbol above the textbox.

hannah2021 wrote on 10/4/2021, 6:16 AM

hannah2021 wrote on 10/4/2021, 6:17 AM

SP. wrote on 10/4/2021, 6:39 AM

@hannah2021 Are you using the JBL Go 3 for playback? The speakers are not activated in the driver settings. The icon is dark unlike the Realtek icon which is white.

Is every sub item you need activated under the Realtek option if you click on the "Plus"-button next to it?

hannah2021 wrote on 10/4/2021, 7:50 AM

no i use my headphones only. i am using realtek. everything is activated under that option. i think i have tried everything . the only thing is when i choose the asio driver in the main audio/midi window , the magix low latency is magix default but it's not producing sound, i also have the asio4all option which also doesn't work, and then there's an option to choose realtek asio, and when i choose that, a pop up says i have no realtek asio driver. but when i click on my computer's device manager it says my realtek asio driver works fine, i tried to update the driver in the device manager but that did nothing, i guess i could try and download a brand new realtek asio driver.

it might be that it just can't work on my new laptop, which is what the support team told me, but i don't want to buy a new compute,r i guess i will check around for a different daw. i really like magix, been using it for years.

SP. wrote on 10/4/2021, 8:07 AM

@hannah2021 You could try another driver. For example, just download and install the free FL Studio demo from here https://www.image-line.com/fl-studio-download/

It will also install the FL Studio ASIO driver. You can then select this driver in the Music Maker program settings. Maybe it will work then.

hannah2021 wrote on 10/5/2021, 4:32 AM

Thankyou for your help. really appreciate. i will try and install the FL Studio Driver today. see if it works

Graham-Hawker wrote on 10/5/2021, 6:51 AM

I couldn't get an output from headphones either. When I worked out how to get the plus button to get an expanded list in the advanced settings the headphones was turned off. I turned it on. It still played through the laptop speakers so I turned off those so the only active output was the headphone and then then I did get sound from the headphones. On previous versions this wasn't necessary.

hannah2021 wrote on 10/5/2021, 7:54 AM

Hi, that doesn't work. it doesn't work for me unfortunately. the asio does not produce any sound through speakers or headphones or different headphones. no asio works actually. i am going to try a different laptop

johnebaker wrote on 10/5/2021, 11:41 AM

@hannah2021

Hi

. . . . the advanced settings the headphones was turned off. I turned it on. It still played through the laptop speakers so I turned off those so the only active output was the headphone and then then I did get sound from the headphones . . . .

I assume as you have the JBL Go 3 stereo option in the Advanced audio settings that this is a laptop - what make/model is it?

If you got sound out of the speakers then ASIO is working, plugging in the headphones is not switching the speakers off, which may be the headphone connection type and incorrect Windows Sound settings.

What connection are the headphones - 3.5mm jack plug, USB or Bluetooth?

Are they plugged directly into the laptop or an external audio device?

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

hannah2021 wrote on 10/5/2021, 12:10 PM

The Asio doesn't work in the speakers either. i really tried all the settings i could, i have experimented with different Asio. i have made sure the playback in control panel is set correctly. the wasapi driver works, the primary driver works etc. just not asio drivers. have tried a couple of headphones that have standard trs plugs. the headphones should not be a problem as they were used with magix music maker on my previous laptops. the headphones are plugged in directly. This is a new laptop i just bought, it's an Asus Vivobook S14 .

SP. wrote on 10/5/2021, 12:48 PM

@hannah2021 Did you read this FAQ from Asus? https://www.asus.com/en/support/FAQ/1015070/

hannah2021 wrote on 10/5/2021, 1:55 PM

No, i haven't seen it before. Thankyou. I will check it out over the next day or so and let you know how that turns out.

hannah2021 wrote on 10/6/2021, 5:07 AM

my asus laptop is all working fine. I have contacted magix support. they have been trying to figure out the issue . thanks for all the help and support.

philthedoctor wrote on 10/5/2023, 5:45 PM

i have all the same problems hannah has. This has happened since the latest magix update. i can use direct sound but i get lag and when i select any asio i get no sound at all. it seems to me that magix don't really know how to update their software without ruining something or other anymore. last time it ruined my layout, the time before that i had to reinstall all my soundpools and vst instruments, magix have lost the plot.

hannah2021 wrote on 10/5/2023, 6:32 PM

I have had several laptops over last few years. I have noticed magix works fine in some laptops and not others, and all the settings are correct in both. This is a really annoying problem about the software, and the only suggestion I found to fix the issue is to try using magix with a different computer. currently it works on 2 computers i have now (both are new), and one of them (a brand new laptop) it doesn't.

SP. wrote on 10/5/2023, 6:49 PM

@philthedoctor @hannah2021 Like already written, you need to configure the inputs and outputs of the ASIO driver via the Advanced button. In case you don't use an audio interface you likely need to select Realtek as an output.

Using Bluetooth devices or other USB speakers, headsets or headphones might not work. This isn't a problem with the ASIO driver but the hardware you use.

I highly recommend to get an external USB audio interface with ASIO drivers. This will basically solve all these problems and will also work fine for all other DAW softwares. Alternatively, select Realtek.

philthedoctor wrote on 10/5/2023, 6:55 PM

It is configured, It all worked fine until the last update by magix. It all works fine on two other DAWS I use. I'll just use them instead since magix are of no help here and can't accept they don't know how to apply updates without upsetting the software.

SP. wrote on 10/5/2023, 6:58 PM

@philthedoctor Please show us a screenshot of your driver selection and settings.

You can also try to reset the program settings under the File > Settings menu.

philthedoctor wrote on 10/7/2023, 7:12 AM

With a bit of messing around and playing about with sound options on my pc I have come across a fix for the problems. I have gone into my sound settings and turned " spacial sound" on, this has fixed everything.

hannah2021 wrote on 10/7/2023, 7:27 AM

That's interesting. Thanks.

Chris-Howard wrote on 10/8/2023, 10:46 AM

I did a reset this is what it reset to (which is how it was when it worked before) I have no audio either have tried all other setting options, and it use to work perfectly any suggestions.

i also checked my drivers are all up to date and this is the only program that doesn't work