ASIO driver for Samplitude Pro x6

kevin-whitney wrote on 3/14/2022, 2:43 PM

I'm using Samplitude Pro x6 on a Windows 11 PC and am having trouble with system set-up. I use Realtek Audio, Driver version 6.0.9285.1, which appears to have an ASIO component. When I try to select Realtek ASIO under Driver System, I get an error message that says "Realtek ASIO loading failed. No ASIO Driver error." However, my Realtek driver is up to date, and the ASIO component has been installed and appears to be activated. Thoughts?

Comments

Former user wrote on 3/15/2022, 1:01 AM

I have read on another DAW's forum that the Realtek’s ASIO implementation is not quote written as well as it could be.

I don't use Samplitude Pro x6, but what I would do is either:

Get yourself an audio interface that comes with proper ASIO drivers. (This is the preferred option)

Use the Magix Low Latency driver.

kevin-whitney wrote on 3/15/2022, 3:33 AM

Thanks. I'd also heard that, but was hoping to solve this problem before moving on to a new interface. I did try the Magix Low Latency driver, but got no sound when I tried using a plug-in.

emmrecs wrote on 3/15/2022, 4:46 AM

@kevin-whitney

Does the ubiquitous ASIO4All offer you a possible solution?

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

kevin-whitney wrote on 3/15/2022, 6:32 AM

@emmrecs

ASIO4ALL didn't do it for me (I still got error messages when I tried to use a plug-in), and in trying to resolve those errors I've apparently fiddled with the Samplitude settings so egregiously that I've disabled all sound. Will be off trying to reverse my changes or maybe just reverting to a system restore point. I appreciate your input, though!

emmrecs wrote on 3/15/2022, 6:46 AM

@kevin-whitney

Thanks for the additional information, and sorry ASIO4All didn't help! However, you now mention error messages when I tried to use a plugin. What error message? Is this related to your original question? Within the control panel (Advanced view) of A4All, are the "correct" inputs and outputs selected?

In terms of reverting your changes, does Samp. Pro include a facility to Reset to Defaults? (I don't have and have never used any version of Samp. so am just "guessing"!!)

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

SP. wrote on 3/15/2022, 6:49 AM

@kevin-whitney You can reset the Samplitude settings by loading the standard settings in the Program Settings under Import / Export settings.

If ASIO4ALL doesn't help you can still test the FL Studio ASIO driver (install the free FL Studio demo to get it) or the Steinberg Generic ASIO driver (install the free WaveLab Demo to get it. You can select in the installer to only install the driver).

kevin-whitney wrote on 3/15/2022, 11:51 AM

@SP.

Thanks for this. I reset my system settings using Import/Export, and now can at least hear my .wav files! I will try the alternative drivers. Thanks again!

kevin-whitney wrote on 3/15/2022, 12:02 PM

@emmrecs

The error message said "For software instruments realtime monitoring you have to activate the following options: ASIO driver system; ASIO software monitoring or FX monitoring; input monitoring (REC M)." It was in trying to follow these instructions that I shut all of the sound down. I'm now back to square 1 having restored the default settings. All of my issues relate to a single goal: adding percussion or instrumental effects to existing (fully mastered) .wav files. I'd hoped to do that to further my hobby, which is scoring choregraphed freestyles for horses. I don't create or produce any music; I just do rudimentary editing (e.g., changing tempo or pitch) of existing music tracks, and wanted to expand my tools a bit. Given my lack of music or sound production knowledge, it's been tough trying to Google my way to proficiency!

SP. wrote on 3/15/2022, 2:20 PM

@kevin-whitney

For software instruments realtime monitoring you have to activate the following options: ASIO driver system; ASIO software monitoring or FX monitoring; input monitoring (REC M).

To solve this problem you need to use an ASIO driver. You also need to enable the Mixer FX Monitoring Hybrid Engine (pull the slider completely to the right).

kevin-whitney wrote on 3/15/2022, 6:42 PM

@SP.

Thanks - I didn't know which selection to make with that slider.

SP. wrote on 3/15/2022, 7:30 PM

@kevin-whitney You can see the monitoring slider below the audio driver selection in the program settings.