Are Magix and Vienna compatible?

elias-breidenbach wrote on 6/28/2018, 9:00 PM

Hi, I've been looking for a good brass VST pack for a while now, and I found the Vienna symphonic brass pack. I'm wondering if Vienna will work with Music Maker and how well, or if anyone knows of a good Brass VST pack for under &100. I'm looking to make music similar to John Williams or Michael Giacchino, so something as orchestral sounding as possible.

Thanks for your time.

Comments

fan-boy wrote on 7/7/2018, 1:07 PM

native-instruments Komplete 11 , only work inside of Kontact 5 , or the Kontact Player .

native-instruments sells their Sampler based instrumen5ts ala-carte . Brass is 100 I think , and Brass Pro is 299 , but they can only work inside of their Kontact 5 or Kontact Player . would need to export as high quality PCM wav audio , and bring that into Music Maker , or export PCM wav audio out of music maker and import supporting audio into Kontact ( I have not used Kontact , so i do NOT know what it can do ( importing and exporting ) .

Music Maker supports 32 bit VST . any generalized 32 bit VST should work .

Magix Premium music synthesizers are NOT generalized VST instruments , I am gonna guess and conclude Vienna Symphonic Library instruments are NOT generalized VST .

However , Independence Interface supports ( 32 and 64 ) bit VST , thus Independence Library works inside of Music Maker 32 bit VST , and inside of Samplitude 64 bit VST .

Magix has more sax and brass in the Independence Library , find it all at producerplanet dot come , sax with brass is 130 ( close to your price point )

however , I am currently trying to find out why the user License for Independence is "Standard" . as you know , Magix Premium music synthesizers are commercial( Un-limited ) ,...it is a big shock to see Independence labeled as "Standard" license .

fan-boy wrote on 7/12/2018, 4:38 PM

@elias-breidenbach

email Vienna Symphonic Library tech support , their web site is :

https://www.vsl.co.at

yes , they are using a new style address . you can verify it with google searching , if you want .