Are ACID Loop Collections compatible with Music Maker?

theflyingcelery wrote on 2/3/2022, 1:54 AM

I love using soundpools! I usually purchase them directly from the soundpools dock within Music Maker, but today I purchased one from producerplanet.com. It was described as an "ACID Loop Collection." I downloaded and extracted the zip file, and manually moved it to C:\Users\Public\Documents\MAGIX\Common\Soundpools\Shop to be with all my soundpools, thinking it would appear the next time I launched Music Maker. It never showed up, so I used the "Add new Soundpools" tool from the Loops options gear, and tried selecting various levels within the file hierarchy. Then I "Rescanned Soundpools" from the Program Settings gear. My new collection is .wav files, so I changed my preferred soundpool format to .wav and went around again. It still doesn't show up. I updated my software, reset my program settings, but nothing has helped. Maybe the collection I purchased is just not compatible with Music Maker? I am using Music Maker version 30.0.4.44, and I am very sad.

Comments

SP. wrote on 2/3/2022, 5:53 AM

@theflyingcelery You need to drag and drop the WAV files from the internal file manager or from Windows Explorer into your project. They will not show up in the loops manager.

theflyingcelery wrote on 2/3/2022, 1:56 PM

@SP. Aw bummer... that's a bit tedious. At least the folders and files are really well labeled. Thanks for the info!

SP. wrote on 2/3/2022, 2:01 PM

@theflyingcelery You can try to make them show up in the Loops manager by creating a BPM.inf file (copy one BPM.inf from another Magix Soundpool and just change the tempo information inside it ), and placing the loops in subfolders named after instrument groups like it's done in Magix Soundpools.

theflyingcelery wrote on 2/20/2022, 10:52 PM

That's pretty slick! My loops collection contains files at a variety of tempos, so I'll have to manually split them up, but that totally worked! Thanks! I've also tried dragging files directly from windows explorer, and haven't had any serious complaints with that method either. 😎