Anyone else having problems with the V12.0.13.0 update?

AverageMr wrote on 11/6/2013, 4:10 PM

After I installed the V12.0.13.0 update, multi-cam eciting is totally dysfunctional.  Whatever view you click on first stays on the mastering track.  You can click on any other view and it won't edit the master track.  Then the program won't shutdown after that.  I need to use Task Manager to force a shutdown.  WTF???   I have projects that are due and I can't deal with the downtime!!!  Looks like I'll have to restore the backup I made before I did the "update" and go back to V12.0.12.4.

And why is all the text in the update software in German?  Please....

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 11/7/2013, 5:43 AM

When I checked my version of VPX5 I discovered I was still running 12.0.11.2 so I'm two versions behind, it seems!

However, given your experience with the latest version I'm wary of updating now!

Might be worth you starting a Support ticket to ask them the questions you raise.  If all the update text is in German could this be a patch not yet properly released for English versions?

I'll post back when/if I decide to install this latest update!

Jeff

Edit: (several hours later)  I've installed the update and, so far, I don't see the problems with multicam or shutdown that you're experiencing.  Nor have I seen any German-only text.

Looks, therefore, as if there's something on your system that's causing your problems.  Maybe you need to consider a complete uninstall (including using the MAGIX Removal Tool or something like Revo Uninstaller) and then reinstall.

HTH

Last changed by emmrecs on 11/7/2013, 12:24 PM, changed a total of 2 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam