Any date for next bug fix release?

TK_ wrote on 3/30/2022, 12:05 PM

Thanks to these bugs, I can't finish my project right now. Situation has been this about two weeks now.

Could you please give us a date when you will release a new bug fix for this software version? This waiting without any time table is quite frustrating - I guess I am not the onlyone.

And for the next release: please put your software update server into clould and buy more bandwith for the next couple of days after the release. This "I have to leave my computer on over night because of transferring files" is like a ghost from 1990's.

Comments

SP. wrote on 3/30/2022, 1:10 PM

@TK_ You need to contact support directly at infoservice@magix.net and ask them for a time frame for the next update. I believe in the past there was usually a two or three months gap between each updates. It's maybe possible to get a beta version with early bug fixes from support instead of waiting until the next update in May or June.

emmrecs wrote on 3/30/2022, 3:22 PM

@TK_

Just to add a little to what @SP. has written; these are user to user forums so not a contact for any Magix staff and the software is not ours. Nor do we have any control over when new builds are released.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

TK_ wrote on 3/31/2022, 12:24 AM

@TK_

Just to add a little to what @SP. has written; these are user to user forums so not a contact for any Magix staff and the software is not ours. Nor do we have any control over when new builds are released.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

So this forum is only for chatting between users? In my point of view this should be a forum also to recieve feedback from users: new ideas, bug reports, etc.

Ok, in that case I will stop writing any bug reports into this forum. Later on, I will use only that email address. I hope they will read them.

johnebaker wrote on 3/31/2022, 5:17 AM

@TK_

Your first port of call should be this forum as the majority of 'issues' you may have are likely to have already been seen and dealt with, or can be replicated by other users and confirmed as a bug.

As far as bug release dates go, as with any software, trying to fix bugs to a schedule is a not a practical option - what may appear to be a simple fix may have a deeper root cause or cause other issues due to interdependency of program modules and dll's.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.