Comments

rraud wrote on 7/21/2022, 4:40 PM

I have no direct experience with FabFilter plugs, but in-general, install 64 bit plug-ins, to a 'Program files> VST folder. Many plug-ins are installed by default in the "Program files> Steinberg> folder. For 32 bit plug-ins install to a VST folder in "Program files (x86)> VST folder. A Steinberg folder may be there as well. Some plug-ins do not need to be 'installed', just copy-paste the VST <.dll> file into a pertinent VST folder. VST-3 plug-ins are generally installed in "Program files> Common Files> VST 3)"
Either-way, then go to "Options> Preferences> VST Effects" and confirm the VST folder(s) are listed as a default or alternate VST search folder. if not, add it.
The plug-ins should then be available for a plug-in Chain, or can be added to the Fx (Plug-ins) Favorites folder using the new 'Plug-in manager'. Older versions and AS use (Organize) in the Fx Favorites.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @MRD12.

MRD12 wrote on 7/22/2022, 4:30 AM

Thank you, rraud.

Yesterday I found out how to add third parties, some are now added, but Fabfilter and Waves are not shown up, despite it is in the folder which was scanned.

Best regards from Germany.

rraud wrote on 7/22/2022, 9:53 AM

I downloaded some 64 bit FabFilter plug-ins, which were installed by default in the 'Program Files> Steinberg> VstPlug-ins' folder (the manual and such were installed elsewhere)
After installation, open the Plug-in Manager (or 'Fx Favorites> Organize' in older versions), and the FF plugs are listed in Third-Party and All folder .. and probably a few other categories in that menu mess. They can then be dragged to the 'Favorites' folder or accessed directly in the Plug-in Manager or chainer.

Many folks have problems with Waves plug-ins , I have some older Wave plugs which I like but I stay away from any new ones. It seems Waves and Magix has no interest in making them install, activate or work reliably. Sorry I cannot be of much help with the Waves mess.

MRD12 wrote on 7/22/2022, 11:09 AM

Ok, thank you, rraud. I will try it, again.

Otherwise I have to work with these effects in cubase.

rraud wrote on 7/22/2022, 11:45 AM

I did not experience any issues installing and using the 64 bit FabFilter plugs in SF. I did not try any of the 32 bit versions.

Derik wrote on 7/24/2022, 12:19 PM

@MRD12 please be so kind and get into contact with our tech support. They guys will be happy to help you (Craig is on holiday at the moment but his colleagues will be able to help).

We have planned many improvements to the ability to work with 3rd party Plug-Ins in Sound Forge 17 and already started working on the implementation.

Unfortunately, Sound Forge 11 is quite old and therefore no longer supported. We do not provide any updates for this version.

Greetings

Erik