Adding Instuments

Leo-vanDelden wrote on 2/10/2021, 3:22 AM

Hello, I'm having issues when adding instruments in Music Maker.

Version: 29.0.5.32 64-Bit

Windows 10 Professional

I purchased The "Rock Drum" and after downloading and installation I'm not able to add the instrument.

I'm getting 2 error boxes with the following message.

get_user_documents_path() cannot get the document path!

Title of this error box is: Magix Vita

I know what I'm doing is right because I did it earlier today on my other laptop and it worked fine.

But I can't have it on that laptop since that's a work laptop.

I think it has to do with Windows Rights since I can only get this application to run as Administrator.

I'm really stuck here, hope some one can help me out.

Kind regards

Leo

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 2/10/2021, 5:49 AM

@Leo-vanDelden

Hi

This is a common issue caused by Antivirus Real time Protection/Protected folders/Ransomware feature - try turning this off temporarily - if this works you need to add an exception to your AV for the program.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Leo-vanDelden wrote on 2/10/2021, 3:50 PM

Hi John

Thank you for your help so far.

I turned the Real time Protection setting off in Windows Security and I uninstalled my anit virus McAfee software as well. Now I'm getting the error message box when opening the program as Administrator.

The program wanted me to download the instrument again and installing it. When I want to add the instrument I'm getting this error.

The file '\undefined' does not exists. Please check the file name and path.

I tried this both under opening the Music Maker program as Administrator and my normal user.

When I want to download the instrument with normal user it tells me straight away with an error message box "Download Failed".

Kind Regards

Leo

SP. wrote on 2/10/2021, 4:03 PM

@Leo-vanDelden If the software cannot get the path to your user folder it is maybe caused by your Windows user name. Maybe the software cannot handle special characters.

Leo-vanDelden wrote on 2/10/2021, 4:50 PM

My user name is "leo". So I don't think it is that. There are no special characters.

Any other ideas?

browj2 wrote on 2/10/2021, 6:44 PM

@Leo-vanDelden

HI,

Try this. Click on the + in the track header, select Rock Drums - do not select a sub-folder (type of Rock Drums), just select the first icon. Does it open? I have a couple like this on one computer that once opened I can select the sub-folder of instrument types.

By asking you to download again, do you mean that it keeps showing up under the Downloads tab but is already installed? If so, ignore this.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Leo-vanDelden wrote on 2/10/2021, 8:11 PM

Hi John

Thank you for this tip. I can now add this instrument by clicking the + sign for a particulate track.

However when I want to play something from this instrument I can't hear anything. I do have sounds like the build in loops or the metronome.

What can this possibly be?

After I installed the new instruments and restart the program music maker the instrument don't appear under "Instruments" tab. And it offers me to download it again. I think this is a little strange, since I would expect them to be under this tab now. But I could live with this. I now would really like to hear the new instrument.

Thanks heaps for your help.

Kind regards

Leo

Leo-vanDelden wrote on 2/11/2021, 1:19 AM

I fixed the sound issue with changing the driver selection in Music Maker settings / "Audio/MIDI" to "Direct Sound".

Thanks guys for all your help.