Activation with cell phone internet only

Ray-Lemos wrote on 6/17/2022, 11:46 PM

I have a win7 64bit new computer and no home internet nor access to another online computer as I just moved to Maine. I downloaded my Sound Forge Pro 10 from your site and installed it. The last time I had my full version installed was on my old XP computer and it died. That was quite a while ago. Now when I try to get an activation code on your site...I put in my win7's computer ID and it wont give me an activation code. Its says its the wrong ID. And again, I'm putting the computer ID in manually from my phone which is the only access I have to the internet. What can I do to get an activation code for this situation? I hope this is clear. Please help! 🙏

ty,

Ray Lemos

Comments

SP. wrote on 6/18/2022, 1:11 AM

@Ray-Lemos You can contact customer support at infoservice@magix.net and ask them for assistance.

The computer ID is generated by the offline activation process if you select activation via telephone/FAX. This does only work for old Magix products that were released before 2015 I think. You cannot get the computer ID from somewhere else on your computer.

If you use a smartphone you should have the option to enable USB tethering. Connect your smartphone with an USB cable to your computer, enable mobile data and tethering and then your computer should connect to internet via your phone. You can then activate the program.

Be aware that tethering can cost money or may not be allowed in your telephone contract. This depends on your provider.

Ray-Lemos wrote on 6/18/2022, 6:51 PM

Thank you guys for replying back... well, right after I left my semi-frantic message here yesterday (lol), I started the activation process on my offline studio computer and did it through the email on my phone and it worked like a charm! I'm all set with my full SF10 version. So freggin happy. Again, thank you to this community for piping in.