Comments

CyberBeat wrote on 1/13/2022, 9:39 PM

You'll need to register it from the computer that you want to use it on. The registration process will send all the info it needs to be activated (assuming it's a valid copy).

craig-d wrote on 1/14/2022, 1:40 AM

Hi Bill-Schock...yes, CyberBeat is right...and with the Sony made versions, if I recall correctly, at the activation screen, you should click 'Register Offline' and then a window will appear...I can't remember if you have to enter some info, but if you just go through that process, a window will pop up that has info on it, and one of those items is your computer ID...then you can go to your Magix account and use your computer ID to generate an activation code. it might be a good idea to contact Magix support on that, if you get them your computer ID, they can also generate an activation code for you.

rraud wrote on 1/14/2022, 10:57 AM

What version of Sound Forge do you have a serial code for? If you have the proper log-in info, you should try downloading the latest build of the version you have the serial code for from the "Magix Service Center> My Products. I never had issues activating legacy SCS versions on-line with a downloaded version. The SCS (Sony) versions and the registration info was ported over to Magix in 2016-17. You can also download the SCS installation files (all builds) from the Sony archives . You do not need the specific registration log-in info for that, You will still need a valid serial code to activate SF after installing.

btw Bill, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community and best wishes for 2022.