Comments

emmrecs wrote on 4/17/2021, 3:48 AM

@Felipe-Oliveira

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

Exactly which version and variant of MM do you have? Was it working properly before? What has changed on your computer, e.g., any Windows Updates or updates to MM itself?

The more information you can give us the more likely we are to be able to help you!

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

SP. wrote on 4/17/2021, 4:07 AM

@Felipe-Oliveira Hi, we need to know which module causes the crash. It is not visible on your screenshot.

Is it qt5widgets.dll? Then it could be caused by using multiple monitors, for example if Music Maker is visible on more than one monitor and both monitors have a different resolution. It could help to disconnect all monitors temporarily or to try different monitor cables (HDMI, DVI, VGA). A complete reinstallation can also help. Be also sure that your graphic card drivers are up to date.

In case of your premium features problem, if you cannot login into your account then try to go into the program settings and click on the button to clean up the store. This will delete the cache and rebuild it from scratch. This is especially helpful if you just installed an update.

Felipe-Oliveira wrote on 4/26/2021, 1:35 PM

Hello guys, I am on the version 28

@Felipe-Oliveira Hi, we need to know which module causes the crash. It is not visible on your screenshot.

Is it qt5widgets.dll? Then it could be caused by using multiple monitors, for example if Music Maker is visible on more than one monitor and both monitors have a different resolution. It could help to disconnect all monitors temporarily or to try different monitor cables (HDMI, DVI, VGA). A complete reinstallation can also help. Be also sure that your graphic card drivers are up to date.

In case of your premium features problem, if you cannot login into your account then try to go into the program settings and click on the button to clean up the store. This will delete the cache and rebuild it from scratch. This is especially helpful if you just installed an update.

yes you are correct it is that specific error However, I have tried to unplug my monitor and uninstalling my MM application. The problem still persists. I used to freely use the application on 2 different monitors so I don't know why it would be a problem now. My MM version is 28 i have tried launching it on both version 28 and 29 so I don't see that as the problem. the only thing i have not checked yet are my graphic card drivers.

SP. wrote on 4/26/2021, 4:43 PM

I used to freely use the application on 2 different monitors so I don't know why it would be a problem now.

@Felipe-Oliveira You were just lucky that you didn't encountered the problem earlier. Do you use some scaling or are the monitors using different resolutions? It seems like Music Makers GUI doesn't like that which can cause these crashes. I suspect that the program wants to reload your last GUI configuration when you start it up again. But because your last GUI configuration caused a crash reloading it will cause a crash, too.

Maybe the following helps. Open the folder C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\MAGIX\mm28 or mm29 and delete the MusicMaker.ini file which stores your last configuration (or move it as a backup to a different directory) and then start Music Maker again. Does this help?

Felipe-Oliveira wrote on 4/28/2021, 1:48 PM

I used to freely use the application on 2 different monitors so I don't know why it would be a problem now.

@Felipe-Oliveira You were just lucky that you didn't encountered the problem earlier. Do you use some scaling or are the monitors using different resolutions? It seems like Music Makers GUI doesn't like that which can cause these crashes. I suspect that the program wants to reload your last GUI configuration when you start it up again. But because your last GUI configuration caused a crash reloading it will cause a crash, too.

Maybe the following helps. Open the folder C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\MAGIX\mm28 or mm29 and delete the MusicMaker.ini file which stores your last configuration (or move it as a backup to a different directory) and then start Music Maker again. Does this help?

I am not seeing this specific MusicMaker.ini file this is a screenshot of what I see in my files... how should I proceed?

MM28

MM29

SP. wrote on 4/29/2021, 11:31 AM

@Felipe-Oliveira The file is there, you just have not enabled the file extensions to be visible in Windows. You can read here how to do it. https://www.thewindowsclub.com/show-file-extensions-in-windows?amp