Comments

SP. wrote on 10/28/2021, 4:24 PM

@Paul-Hartzell Maybe your firewall or Windows Defender are blocking something? I would suggest you try to disablem them temporarily and try again.

rraud wrote on 10/28/2021, 5:40 PM

Aside from temporarily disabling anti-virus, be sure to use the same email address you used when your product was initially registered. The emall address is paired to the your product's serial code.
You can email Magix customer service at: infoservice@magix.net .

btw, for future threads on the this forum, please include what version and build of Sound Forge you are using (for instance, Sound Forge Pro-15 build 64). You should peruse the 'Sticky' at the head for the main Sound Forge forum page... last but not least.. welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @Paul-Hartzell.

craig-d wrote on 10/29/2021, 2:26 AM

Hi! an error -14 in the magix installers means that somewhere there is a mix-up in the registration/activation...typically what happens is that the user is entering a valid serial number, but they made a typo on their email address...or it could mean that the serial number is valid, but the wrong program was downloaded: for example, the serial number is valid, but it is a serial number for version 14, when the version the customer downloaded (for whatever reason) is 15, or the number was intended for the Audio Studio version, but it is being entered on the Pro version. all of those details are important and are not interchangeable. i hope this helps!

Paul-Hartzell wrote on 10/29/2021, 8:01 AM

Thank you for these responses. I think I figured it out. What happened was I had upgraded Vegas to the 365 license which gives me the latest upgrades. I just moved to a new PC and installed the latest version of Vegas (AND Sound Forge) but apparently my Sound Forge license is not 365 so I need to step it back to the version it was when I got my license. At least I think that's what happened. Seems plausible.