ACID VEGAS COMBO

DyReck411 wrote on 9/5/2022, 10:00 PM

Hey guys what do you think of Magix building the new Acid Pro on top of the Vegas platform to stop all the crashes..I use Vegas alot and it hardley crashes, only sometimes when im rendering a large project..Maybe if Magix could build the new acid on top of that platform it could stop all the crashes..Acid crashes on me multiple times a day when I use it lol..Especially when im using midi..Its so bad when ever I see Acid on YouTube tutorials people render there sounds immediately to audio cause they know it will crash on midi and ruin there live stream lol.

Comments

sheppo wrote on 9/6/2022, 4:36 AM

vst3 support has just been added to Vegas, so this is potentially happening. I've not tried the latest version to see how it compares for vst support.

Former user wrote on 9/6/2022, 8:43 AM

good idea, except, Vegas has KNOWN audio issues. If you use an audio interface with ASIO drivers, Vegas does not like Bus's with fx on them. The sound is horrendous. All of these problems started when Vegas went to 64bit. None of these problems happen in 32bit versions. The irony is Vegas started as an Audio DAW, I started with Vegas Audio 2. and am currently using Vegas 19. Good for video and unusable for professional audio. The best example of what you suggest is (this is not a recommendation) Reaper. It is and was modeled after Vegas and is as stable as the day is long. Cheers

BorodaBeat wrote on 9/8/2022, 2:10 AM

The best example of what you suggest is (this is not a recommendation) Reaper.

I have been looking for analogues of Acid Pro for a long time. Thank you very much for the Reaper. The functionality is really very similar. Goodbye magix

DyReck411 wrote on 9/9/2022, 9:35 PM

Oh ok sheppo..All Vegas would need is a BPM feature, Vst capabilities, and the paint tool..Among other things..