Acid Serial number does not work

Tracy-Jors wrote on 5/24/2021, 12:28 PM

I have an older version of ACID 6.0 I upgraded to a new computer from windows7 to windows10 and installed the ACID 6.0. The program works - But the serial number will not export through the setup process. This is leaving the program at a 30 day trial install. I have too many files that I have used this software on and need to have it in my studio setup. I do not want to learn a new software as I am fully educated on the ACID 6.0. Can this support team help me with this? The serial number on my ACID 6.0 that worked previously on my previous computer was Removed by Moderator This serial number is on my account at https://www.sonycreativesoftware.com

Also the Media Manger install in ACID 6.0 is not compatible with windows10 but I do not need this function to work in my studio setup.

Thank you for any help...

Comments

SP. wrote on 5/24/2021, 12:46 PM

@Tracy-Jors Please remove your serial number. This is a public forum.

Try deactivating Windows Defender or your firewall temporarily while registering your software. This can help. Try also to run it as administrator.

You can also try a right click on the program icon and then select the properties and switch the compatibility mode to Windows 7.

If your software still doesn't work on Windows 10 then please use a Windows 7 installation. You can make a second partition on your hard drive and install it there.

emmrecs wrote on 5/24/2021, 1:18 PM

@Tracy-Jors

I have edited your post to remove your serial number. As @SP. says, this is a public forum and confidential personal data like serial numbers should never be posted here.

There are no Magix staff regularly present on the forum and, since Sony sold ACID to Magix, all support matters are now handled by Magix. The transfer of the software also included transfer of details for all existing owners of ACID so you should be able to raise a Support Ticket here if you need to do this.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam