Acid pro 10 that works great with no hair pulling bugs.(for me anyway)

Petet wrote on 1/23/2022, 2:55 PM

After trying multiple versions of acid 10. I was pulling my hair out. it was forgetting fx presets and resetting them to zero. the draw window was acting up sometimes when using midi, things where mysteriously going out of sync, random crashes and sidechain errors.

I've found that Acid 10.0.2 build 20 is the only version I can use. Everything works perfect for me apart from the odd crash now and then when I'm previewing samples fast in the explorer window. Not much more than acid 7 really.

If you're having trouble I highly recommend trying Version 10.0.2 build 20, I don't know what they did different with this version but it rocks!

Comments

blake-fast wrote on 2/3/2022, 1:20 PM

Sarcasm surely 10.0.2 build 20 sucks just like the rest i wouldnt say up to 30 crashes per hour was rocking myself ! The program needs fundamentally assessing from top to bottom by a developer or two that knows something about the program, lets say someone from its inception at sonic foundry perhaps? Find out the root cause of the issues and take it from there it is without doubt the worst program i have ever used for its constant crashing and it has got worse rather than improve over the last year or two it is simply unuseable in a commercial setting because of its poor stability, its work flow speed used to be and should be one of its shining lights but there is no workflow when it crashes so badly so many times and you have to spend most of your workflow rebooting it is a real shame .

Former user wrote on 2/3/2022, 4:21 PM

@blake-fast, well said. I just finished a new computer build and thought I would put AP10 on it to see how it would do. (I don't use AP10 anymore I've moved on for now) and it crashed a number of times while setting up the 'preferences' NOT using the program just setting it up. It shouldn't have been a surprise as it's done that before on my other computers. c'est la vie, Best of luck

Petet wrote on 2/3/2022, 7:39 PM

@blake-fast No its not sarcasm, I've not had as many crashes as that. I've produced entire albums on acid 10.0.2 with maybe one crash a day, but not needing a reboot, just a ctrl-alt-del and reload, for me it does certainly rock and runs fine.

I have lots of problems with other versions of acid 10. The main issue I had was it forgetting my parameters on reverbs etc.

I agree, it does need a real going over by an old school developer like a sonic foundry programmer, remove all the bloaty nonsense, have it looking like something made by weiss. simple and powerful. In a 64 bit world, do we really need 32 bit plugins? If I need 32 bit, i'll use acid 7.

Yelandkeil wrote on 2/4/2022, 3:32 AM

@Petet

Yes, simple and powerful. Just the right Nr. for me.

Both 10.0.2 build 20 and 10.0.5 build 38 are stable.

ASUS TUF Gaming B550plus BIOS3202
*Thermaltake TOUGHPOWER GF1 850W 
*ADATA XPG GAMMIX S11PRO 512GB->sys & 2TB->data 
*G.SKILL F4-3200C16Q-64GFX 
*AMD Ryzen9 5950x + LiquidFreezer II-240 
*XFX Speedster-MERC319-RX6900XT <-AdrenalinEdition 24.20.11.01
Windows11Pro: 23H2-22631.4169; Direct3D Driver=9.17.11.0272

Samsung 2xLU28R55 300CD/m²HDR10 (peak1499nits) ->2xDPort
LG DSP7 Surround 5.1Soundbar ->TOSLINK (AAFOptimusPack 6.0.9403.1)
ROCCAT Kave 5.1Headset/Mic ->Analog

GH5s_HLG4k30p: AWB, Shutter=1/50, ISO=auto
ProtuneFlat_2.7k60pLinear: AWB, Shutter=auto, ISO=400

VEGASPro21/22 + Handbrake/XMediaRecode + DVDArchi7 
AcidPro10 + SoundForgePro14.0.065 + SpectraLayersPro7

K-LitecodecPack17.8.0 (MPC Video Renderer for HDR10-Videoplayback) 

blake-fast wrote on 2/4/2022, 10:02 AM

@Petet @Yellandkeil i am truly happy that it work well for you guys im interested to know if you are using just audio or midi and audio mixed or just midi ? the track yell posted a pic of looks just midi to me for which i think is very odd seen as the midi in acid is stuck at level of approx 1989 but each to their own ! from what i can make out is that acid currently does not handle plugins very well both audio and synths and this for me anyway seems to be where the crashes happen i have noticed for instance if melodyne is running when the crash happens most of the time that project file will be toast and will not reopen so many project file have to be created just in case and sometimes no make that most of the time even the backup file will not open either ( melodyne has other issues with acid also !) i have to tell clients that want bring in projects to mix that are done in acid no, turning away work is never easy but i have got sick of clients insisting that acid is stable for them and arriving with their own rig only for it to crash within minutes and then beings a long non productive day of crashing ,then trying to retrieve projects whilst the client sits with his head in his hands swearing it never crashes for him, i only have to have to to a quick search for restored files to know that it simply is not a fact !

Yelandkeil wrote on 2/4/2022, 12:17 PM

Above is the default project of ACID (I think from ACID pro 8), every kind of fx and loop drawing.

Ok, I mainly use it for soundtrack, especially with midis where I just give few notes in a VSTi, then I have my space travel environment etc.

The best is I can set keys to change (most) VSTi-program direct on timeline; not like the other "advanced" DAW, mega functionality, but also mega complexy.

In short, it just covers my purpose and firstly my level.

The unstability, I guess, could be you guys connect/link many equipments and make real music.

ASUS TUF Gaming B550plus BIOS3202
*Thermaltake TOUGHPOWER GF1 850W 
*ADATA XPG GAMMIX S11PRO 512GB->sys & 2TB->data 
*G.SKILL F4-3200C16Q-64GFX 
*AMD Ryzen9 5950x + LiquidFreezer II-240 
*XFX Speedster-MERC319-RX6900XT <-AdrenalinEdition 24.20.11.01
Windows11Pro: 23H2-22631.4169; Direct3D Driver=9.17.11.0272

Samsung 2xLU28R55 300CD/m²HDR10 (peak1499nits) ->2xDPort
LG DSP7 Surround 5.1Soundbar ->TOSLINK (AAFOptimusPack 6.0.9403.1)
ROCCAT Kave 5.1Headset/Mic ->Analog

GH5s_HLG4k30p: AWB, Shutter=1/50, ISO=auto
ProtuneFlat_2.7k60pLinear: AWB, Shutter=auto, ISO=400

VEGASPro21/22 + Handbrake/XMediaRecode + DVDArchi7 
AcidPro10 + SoundForgePro14.0.065 + SpectraLayersPro7

K-LitecodecPack17.8.0 (MPC Video Renderer for HDR10-Videoplayback) 

Petet wrote on 2/4/2022, 6:51 PM

@Yellandkeil @blake-fast

I use midi, samples and automation. Don't have any issues. I use an 8 core amd and an rme hdspe aes pcie card into my d/a for audio.

A while back I was getting real sudden crashes even with just two or three tracks playing, after fine tuning my windows settings I realised that my cpu settings in bios was actually effecting the crashes. When I insert a plugin or change a window there was a small cpu spike that would cause the system to jolt for a second or crash. After changing different voltage settings for my cpu in my bios, not had those crashes since.

I absolutely hammer acid pro and work very fast in it and its holding up great. I'm currently trying to replace all my vsts for just vst3 plugins for a lower cpu load.