Comments

SP. wrote on 3/16/2022, 3:28 AM

@Robert-Woolcock Was a Windows 11 update installed recently? Have you tried to run ACID in Windows 8 compatibility mode?

Robert-Woolcock wrote on 3/16/2022, 11:35 AM

The last Windows update was on the 11th and this issue popped up yesterday, the 15th. Today everything seems back to normal. Since I'm using that particular laptop ONLY for recording, I disabled wifi and bluetooth. I think that will prevent any other annomolies. 

Thanks, Bob

Robert-Woolcock wrote on 3/16/2022, 2:37 PM

Whoops - I spoke too soon. Intermittent -  sometimes Acid Pro 10 loads up in seconds - after a few sessions this morning I shut everything down and re-booted - same problem. It took a full five minutes for Acid to open. And if I have several projects save, EACH one takes five minutes, even hough Acid is already open.

PATIENT-X wrote on 3/16/2022, 3:34 PM

@Robert-Woolcock

Hello, Welcome

Have you run an anti virus program on your laptop, viruses can slow down apps.

Have you went into task manager to see how many apps are running in the background?

You could try the Microsoft diagnostic tool.

On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the Run dialog box. Copy and paste the following command and press Enter to open the System Maintenance window.
%systemroot%\system32\msdt.exe -id MaintenanceDiagnostic

Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the remaining steps.

Stephen

Forum Moderator

Last changed by PATIENT-X on 3/16/2022, 3:43 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

Intel Core i5-13600K Processor 3.5GHz

Kingston FURY Beast 32GB (16GB x 2) 4800MHz DDR5

Geforce RTX2080 Founders edition

Firecuda 530 1tb SSD Nvme

Team Group T-FORCE DELTA MAX RGB LITE 2.5" 1TB SATA III

Corsair RM1000x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX 1000 Watt Power Supply

5in LCD Screen

Lian Li UNI SL120 V2 triple fans

MSI Meg Unify Z690 motherboard

Robert-Woolcock wrote on 3/16/2022, 4:23 PM

Thanks. Before I purchased Acid Pro 10 I installed the free Cakewalk but immediately uninstalled it. I noticed it still showed up in some Obscure place checked to do something. I unchecked it. But remember, this is a one week old computer which I ONLY use for Acid and one day I experience the issue and then later that day no issues. I will also kill all the start up apps like Edge. I guess I can do a full reset and start over installing Acid and my Interface driver. I suppose I should first deactivate Acid since it's also on my desktop. Maybe deactivate both copies. Should I return this laptop and try and find a similar one with Windows 10 installed? I cannot revert to 10 since the laptop came with 11.

Robert-Woolcock wrote on 3/16/2022, 4:38 PM

Well, NONE of the above fixed the problem. It still takes about five minutes for Acid Pro 10 to start after computer shut down. And then later that day or the next day - it only takes seconds. This problem started about a week after I bought the new laptop and installed Acid. Worked perfectly and then all of a sudden starts acting up. Needles to say - nothing done on my end - no other apps or anything added. Nothing changed. Oh, I occasionally get a message when closing Acid "Cannot create a file that already exists". Also, occasionally ""Could Not start scan server VST3-scanner-32 bit. Add exception to antivirus" But even if I disabled it the problem persisted.

SP. wrote on 3/16/2022, 4:56 PM

@Robert-Woolcock

It still takes about five minutes for Acid Pro 10 to start after computer shut down.

What happens if you reboot instead of shutting down the computer? Does it help if you run ACID in Windows 8 compatibility mode?

Robert-Woolcock wrote on 3/16/2022, 5:16 PM

You mean restart? I can try that. The new computer came loaded with Windows 11 s mode but the mode had to be disabled to allow third party apps. I will see if compatibility mode helps. Thanks!

Robert-Woolcock wrote on 3/16/2022, 5:18 PM

Oh - I did put in the Firewall exception for Acid as instructed in the pop up. Working fine now but what about tonight, tomorrow? :) We'll see...

johnebaker wrote on 3/16/2022, 6:20 PM

@Robert-Woolcock

Hi

. . . . this is a one week old computer . . . .

Which Antivirus program is installed and running?

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Robert-Woolcock wrote on 3/16/2022, 6:26 PM

Whatever came with the HP. Not clear.

Robert-Woolcock wrote on 3/16/2022, 9:45 PM

Well, I believe I solved the issue. Unless you hear me whining again tomorrow. Thanks to everyone. This message (attached) popped up a couple times - guess I didn't take it seriously. I typed it (get the spaces right) into the Firewall exception box and...so far, so good. New videos soon on https://www.youtube.com/bobwoolcock using my new rig consisting of HP laptop with 8GB ram, new generation i3 processor - big SSD. Behringer, yes Behringer UMC 1820 interface, an ART S8 splitter and whatever microphones the small bands have.

johnebaker wrote on 3/17/2022, 4:24 AM

@Robert-Woolcock

Hi

. . . . Whatever came with the HP. Not clear. . . .

It is most likely the same one as your firewall you opened to add the exception to - which is?

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Robert-Woolcock wrote on 3/17/2022, 11:06 AM

No brand name. Just says Windows Firewall, Windows virus protection. Proprietary I guess. Just what came with the new laptop. Fairly irrelevant now since, so far, everything is functioning swimmingly - so I have no intention of connecting that laptop to the Internet - ever again. Just a component in my remote recording rig. I re-did the fingerprint recognition this morning because the first take wasn't that reliable. And just that one change to the computer and it started taking five minutes to open uo Acid again. After a couple start ups it's ok again. This stuff is fiddly and NOT intended for my personal needs. No email, no web surfing on the new HP - I have other devices for that. Thanks.