Acid Pro 10 Suite continually crashes and freezes

Timothy-Saxton wrote on 2/23/2022, 8:33 PM

My Acid Pro 10.0 and Acid Pro 10.0 Suite has never worked since I Purchased them last April, They constantly freeze and crash, you guys promised a patch to correct the issue, but have not provided one at all. Every time I try to communicate with tech support about the issue, I get a response like: We're sorry but that ticket has been closed, you must create a new ticket. So I create a new one, only to have that ticket number close as well, without rectifying the original problems. I never heard of anyone closing a ticket number until the issues have been corrected.

Are you guys ever going to fix the DAW's Acid Pro 09, Acid Pro 10.0 and Acid 10.0 Suite, so that a PC with windows 10..0 will not crash and freeze??? This problem has been going on since April of 2021. I have paid you guys for services that you have not provided, I can't even use any of the plug-in's or effects on another DAW.. I was very patient and tried to wait it out for you to create a patch, but I had to go with another software that actually works because I have lost way too much time in the studio waiting for your patch. And now you send me an e-mail wanting me to purchase software that I paid you for and never got to use it., at this point I need a refund, thanks Tim.

Comments

SP. wrote on 2/24/2022, 3:06 AM

@Timothy-Saxton

have paid you guys for services that you have not provided [...] at this point I need a refund, thanks Tim.

This is just a user forum. No Magix staff is here. We are also just users trying to help. Noone here can initate a refund for you. You need to contact infoservice@magix.net and ask them for a refund. Maybe it will work, but after nearly it is probably too late.

If you have stability problems, they are maybe caused by your computer hardware. What are your hardware specifications and are you using an audiointerface with ASIO drivers? This is highly recommended,

sheppo wrote on 2/24/2022, 8:09 AM

I too get acid crashing. I don't have a DAW that doesn't crash, but yeah, Acid does seem less stable, and it can be super frustrating.

Sometimes Acid will do this loop

1. crash -> restart the app -> auto loads backed up project on start -> crash
    or
  2. crash -> restart the app -> choose not to load the backed up project -> manually load the project -> crash

option 1 never works for me, so I've disabled the option to even do this.

option 2 can be worked around by once the application has loaded, drag any audio file in to the blank project. Play the audio. then load your saved project. No crash.

No idea why this is a thing, but it works.

also, this post I made from a while back may be of help - https://www.magix.info/us/forum/a-couple-of-tips-for-better-stability--1264597/

Timothy-Saxton wrote on 2/25/2022, 6:57 PM

I am using a Tascam Model 16 Mixer/Interface/Recorder (which has ASIO drivers) through an Intel Core I5-6600 CPU @3.30 GHz, 32.0 GB on a 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor with 1Ter hard drive and 1Ter virtual memory.

When I purchased the Acid Pro 10.0 and upgraded to the Acid Pro 10.0 Suite, there was no operation problems and I was really impressed and pleased with the software. There was a two week period where the system worked great. Then my Windows 10.0 operating system for the computer upgraded, Every since then, I have been around and around about trying to get the software to work. I have tried this and that and I have lost countless hours of recordings that crashed and could not be recovered. I have saved the files before the crash happens and for some reason if I go back to that file or continue and it crashes later, I loose everything I've done including the saved files.

Even then I could only use FX from an outside source. If I tried to use any FX through a plug-in or a rewire it immediately crashed. I never used any of the loops because I play each instrument and I only used the DAW as a multi-track recorder and it can't even handle that.

I do think it's important that people understand what Magix is doing and what they have done. The fact is Acid Pro 10.0 and Acid Pro 10.0 Suite will not work on a computer with a windows 10.0 operating system. In my case one could say, "well it worked on windows 10 when you got it." and I'm ok with it, in my case. But the windows 10.0 upgrade that has corrupted the operation of their DAW was last April 09. 2021. My question to them would be "Why are you still selling Acid 10.0 and Acid 10.0 Suite and portraying them as if they will operate on windows 10.0 when you certainly know they will not?" And another question would be "Why did you not communicate to everyone who summitted a claim ticket on the constant crashes and freezes and provide them with a patch or refund?" "Why did you close countless tickets without a solution?" "Why is it almost impossible to get to tech support?"

If there are anyone out there who is considering the purchase of Acid 10.0 and or Acid 10.0 Suite, and you are using windows 10 operating system, beware!!!!

SP. wrote on 2/25/2022, 7:41 PM

@Timothy-Saxton There was another user in a different thread that advised to run ACID in Windows 8 compatibility mode. Maybe you try this, too.

Former user wrote on 3/5/2022, 7:25 PM

@sheppo, I think it's very kind of you to mention all the work arounds. There are a number more that others have posted. However, for all the post about work arounds isn't it really upon Magix to actually fix their own software. After all they sell it and make money on it. While the people that buy it are left to find work arounds for the software they bought that is not up to any useable standard. Magix has a lot to answer for. BUT with all that said, thank you for all you've done, sincerely.

johnebaker wrote on 3/6/2022, 4:02 AM

@Timothy-Saxton

Hi

. . . . Then my Windows 10.0 operating system for the computer upgraded, Every since then, I have been around and around about trying to get the software to work. . . . .

This is a big clue as to where the source of the problem may be.

What did Windows 10 upgrade to - Windows 11 or a newer version of 10?

In either case there may be:-

• An issue with the Windows installation see this tutorial on how to check the system for errors and fix them.

Or

• Your antivirus Folder/Ransomware features are blocking the program from accessing folders - you should be able to add exceptions for Acid to be omitted from the scan process.

If neither of the above fix the issue then try re-installing the software after using Revo free Uninstaller to uninstall both the program and scan for left over files and registry items. Failure to clean up the leftover parts of the program may still cause issues after re-install.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Alan-Pitt wrote on 12/11/2022, 4:43 AM

Magix clearly does not care about whether the software they sell actually works or not. As we see in this forum the only blame goes to Microsoft for providing security software updates to their operating system.

Those who also tow the party line and blame Acid Pro users for the constant software crashes may well be happy manipulating a few loops on an old Windows 7 machine but anyone running Windows 11 on high-end machines is not helped at all. Of course, one only has to look at modern software manufacturers to clearly understand that blaming Windows 11 does not wash. I run Studio One and it operates with NO crashes whatsoever. The same can be said for my Reason Suite and Reaper. In fact, THE ONLY software on my PC that does not work is Acid Pro.

Sadly, as much as I loved Sonic Foundry's Acid it is no longer fit for purpose. So sadly, I would suggest that if anyone had bought a fairly basic PC set up like a Gateway DX200 back in 2009 when Windows 7 was released stick with your amazing AMD X-4 Quad-Core Processor, 750GB hard drive and Windows pre-installed Vista Home Premium 64 bit and enjoy your basic stability. If anyone wants to make modern music with up-to-date equipment then I don't think Acid Pro is the right tool for the job.

Former user wrote on 12/11/2022, 9:46 AM

@Alan-Pitt"an email from the Magix support team and EZD3 will not work with AP11 and they are hoping to have a patch only for AP11 later this year and nothing for AP10 going forward." EZD3 & Kontakt 7 won't work in ANY version of AP,. along with stability & numerous bug issues. So what they are saying is, 'F' you AP8,9 & 10 customers you're stuck with it and we're not gonna do anything about it, we've got your money. UNLESS you pay up for a new version (which is the same as the old) that has all the same problems but we promise, at some further unspecified date, to make a patch to fix this one problem....what about all the other problems? This should tell you all that you need to know about this company.