Acid Music Studio 10 - Where get realistic sounding instruments?

mr_ wrote on 3/4/2023, 6:17 PM

Acid Music Studio 10 - Best places to get realistic sounding instruments for Piano Roll / MIDI? The default selection is mostly pretty bad sounding.

Im looking for

Harp

Violin

Cello

Folk Drums (Folk as in Traditional Music)

Any folk instruments really, but especially European Traditional

Heavy Electric Guitar and Bass

Cymbals

Triangle

Wind Chimes

And Electronic sounds

Thanks in Advance!

Comments

SP. wrote on 3/4/2023, 6:48 PM

@mr_ If I'm correct Acid Music Studio 10 only supports 32 bit instruments, which will severely limit your choice.

At first, I would suggest the East West Composer Cloud Subscription, which will give you a terabyte of sounds for $20 per month. But sadly, this needs a 64 bit host application. So this wouldn't work with Acid Music Studio 10.

Most realistic sounding sample libraries are made for the Native Instruments Kontakt sampler. The last 32 bit version was version 6.5.3. So you could technically use this in Acid, but only with instruments that don't need a newer version than 6.5.3 and more memory than the 32 bit limit. The bad thing is that Kontakt and the separate libraries usually cost enormous amounts of money.

mr_ wrote on 3/5/2023, 6:08 AM

Thanks!

mr_ wrote on 3/5/2023, 6:09 AM

Ill take any other suggestions anyone has, too.

mr_ wrote on 3/5/2023, 6:42 AM

Also, i have to add, that all software that allows for recording, will utilize real recordings of instruments, so any recordings of instruments (one hit, one pluck, one note, etc) will do.

I dont care what the source or type is, i just need something that sounds realistic.

So if anyone can even tell me where to get that it will help.

So far some of the loop packs ive gotten have some sounds in there, but only maybe 4 or 5 per pack, and mostly drums sounds, because most everyone seems to be mostly focused on loops, which i dont use except to extract sounds from.

So, to clarify, ill happily accept

*Sounds plugins for the MIDI and Piano Roll

*One hit Sounds offered in loop packs, if theyre sounds im looking for

*One hit recordings of real instruments, dont have to be in a loop pack

Thanks again

mr_ wrote on 3/5/2023, 7:52 AM

I found the company you were talking about.

Heres what i found:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/catalog/komplete/
All Virtual Instruments packs they offer

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/catalog/komplete/free/
All their Free stuff

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/specials/komplete/komplete-now/
Monthly subscription for use of all of their instruments, according to them

I sent them an email asking what products they have will work with my Software.

I have several music making programs so i just asked them to tell me what will work with anything i got.

mr_ wrote on 3/5/2023, 7:53 AM

Thanks so much for sharing what you know.

browj2 wrote on 3/5/2023, 11:06 AM

@mr_

Hi,

All of the instruments that you mention in your first post can be obtained from Magix to use with Magix Music Maker.

Watch this tutorial:

Then go on to Part 2.

Music Maker is 64 bits and is free, but you would need to purchase an addition to the program to get third party capability if you want third party instruments. After installing and trying out Music Maker to make sure that it works with your setup, the best and most cost-effective way is to purchase the Premium Edition or at least the Plus Edition which add and unlock capability to Music Maker. Look on the Magix.com site to see what you get with each - see the Comparison chart.

If you want to go that way, then watch this first:

John CB

Last changed by browj2 on 3/5/2023, 11:33 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

mr_ wrote on 3/6/2023, 6:28 AM

Hey! Thanks!

I have Music Maker!

i tried buying the loop craft II set to toy with, and the site keeps giving me an message that there was an error during payment. Doesnt seem to matter whether im using the website or trying to buy directly on Music Maker.

Do you happen to know if there are gift cards for Producer Planet? Maybe thatll work for me.

Ill look for the Virtual Instruments now. I didnt see them when i first glanced at the page but ill scour the site for it now.

Very much appreciated.

mr_ wrote on 3/6/2023, 6:30 AM

Oh those are your own videos! Great! ill subscribe and ask you things. : )

SP. wrote on 3/6/2023, 7:55 AM

@mr_ An error can occur if your payment provider doesn't support two factor authentication.

Technically you could use East West Composer Clouds with Music Maker if you have the VST feature for Music Maker installed. I think this is definitely the cheapest way to get a lot of high quality, realistic sounding instruments.

But be aware that Music Maker has limited features for creating big projects. In this case, music software with a MIDI focus like Steinberg Cubase might be a better choice. Or even Magix Samplitude Music Studio.

mr_ wrote on 3/6/2023, 8:56 AM

ok im looking at the paid versions of Music Maker , the PLUS and PREMIUM both have

VST effects support

But only PREMIUM has VST bridge

What does this mean?

mr_ wrote on 3/6/2023, 8:58 AM

@mr_ An error can occur if your payment provider doesn't support two factor authentication.

Technically you could use East West Composer Clouds with Music Maker if you have the VST feature for Music Maker installed. I think this is definitely the cheapest way to get a lot of high quality, realistic sounding instruments.

But be aware that Music Maker has limited features for creating big projects. In this case, music software with a MIDI focus like Steinberg Cubase might be a better choice. Or even Magix Samplitude Music Studio.

Thanks ill look into the East West Composer Clouds

emmrecs wrote on 3/6/2023, 10:34 AM

@mr_

The VST bridge allows 32 bit VSTs to run in a 64 bit environment. IOW, in the Premium edition of 64 bit MM it allows you to run any 32 bit VSTs or VSTis which you already own.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Last changed by emmrecs on 3/6/2023, 10:35 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

emmrecs wrote on 4/4/2023, 4:11 AM

@mr_

Your latest post has been hidden, primarily because its final sentence was extremely impolite to other users who have tried to help you.

Since you have completely failed to follow the earlier directions of Moderators to temper your language your access to the forums has now been removed.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Last changed by emmrecs on 4/4/2023, 4:14 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam