Account Hacked, No Customer Support At All

Stephen-Downer wrote on 11/13/2022, 9:25 AM

I purchased Acid Pro during the pandemic. I saved my email with my authorization code, but didn't write it down, no physical copy. 6 months later my email was hacked, and they changed my password reset questions. With no way to retrieve my email access, I lost my Acid Pro Access that would allow me to reactivate as well. To make things worse, my password to Magix was changed.

There is no reason I shouldn't be able to contact Magix Customer Support (except it doesn't exist), reach out with my credit card info and former email account, verify the IP address to whoever stole my account and make resolution of this chaos. Instead, I'm out hundreds of dollars, no music production tools, and someone else is using my Magix account. It'd be nice if you guys would setup a way for victims of fraud to retrieve access to their accounts. The fact that you do such a great job avoiding customers is proof that this company is headed for the garbage. I've been using ACID Pro since 1998. You owe me.

Comments

browj2 wrote on 11/13/2022, 9:50 AM

@Stephen-Downer

Hi,

This is a user forum, not Magix Support, so no one here is going to do anything that you are suggesting, and no, I don't owe you anything.

There is no reason I shouldn't be able to contact Magix Customer Support (except it doesn't exist)

False. Click on Support at the top of this forum, select Audio, ACID Pro, go to the bottom, CONTACT SUPPORT, SEND EMAIL. It takes 5 seconds to get there. Why is this so hard?

6 months later my email was hacked, and they changed my password reset questions.

Who are "they?"

Your email address is your username for your account with Magix. It has nothing to do with what happens to your email account or its password. If you need to reset your password for your Magix account because you forgot it, requesting it, just like every site out there, will send a link to your email address that is registered with them for you to change your password. If your email address is no longer valid, then you won't receive the email - just like with your bank, credit card, Amazon, and any other account that you have.

Unless YOU changed your password and have fogotten it, you can still access your account at Magix.com and change your email address to another one.

To make things worse, my password to Magix was changed.

By whom? Magix does not change your password by itself - YOU change it.

When you activate a product, you use your username (email address registered with Magix - whether or not the email address actually works) and your serial number. If you change your email address but don't change it with Magix and then try to activate your product with a new email address using a serial number that has already been activated, it will be refused. Wrong username for that serial number.

So, did you try to go into your account at Magix using your registered email address and pw. Or, did you forget your pw and can't reset it.

If this is the case, raise a ticket with Magix, I told you how, give them the pertinent information and sort it out with them.

John CB

Last changed by browj2 on 11/13/2022, 9:51 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Former user wrote on 11/14/2022, 8:55 AM

@Stephen-Downer Here is the link to email support: https://www.magix.info/us/support/form/

Best of luck getting your problem solved. Cheers