a question regarding magix music maker and its editions...

alex-almotaz wrote on 8/22/2018, 5:53 AM

Hey everyone,

So, i have a question about the editions for music maker and some dissections i was wondering about.

First, if you downloaded the free version of magix music maker and “upgraded?” to an edition (let’s say 80’s edition), will it unlock all of the non-exclusive content like MIDI support and third-party/costume VSTs?

Second, (as you can probably tell) i’m a beginner and want to have a full access to music maker’s features without have the unimportant and professional features. You will only answer this question if the answer to the first question is a “no”.

So my second question is, what do you recommend for a beginner to get in terms of everything music maker related, what extra things to use/buy to make things easier?...etc.

You might say why you didn’t look for answers on the site, and for which i say if i did, they will only promote their products to me and that is not what i’m looking for.

I’m looking for a professional, non-bias opinion and that is all really.

I hope i wasn’t too confusing and explained things well….i’m not a very good explainer.

Some dude on the internet, E.V

Comments

browj2 wrote on 8/22/2018, 9:47 AM

Hi,

1. No. On the website, for a special edition (80's), you get Sounds & software instruments valued at $119.00, all free sounds, features & instruments in Music Maker, 3 different 80s Soundpools of your choice, 1 software instruments of your choice. This will not unlock the presets and features, like VST support.

2. Without knowing how you are going to use MMM - using Soundpool loops, recording MIDI, recording audio - if you want the best bang for your buck, go with Premium. If you start adding things piecemeal, then you will quickly spend much more than the cost of the Premium package. As for Plus vs Premium, see the Version Comparison table. With Premium, you get more of everything, and you get Variverb II and iZotopo Ozone 8 elements, which, separately, would cost much more that the Premium package.

As for professional features, you'll find that Samplitude Music Studio has some of these, and Samplitude Pro X3 Suite has all of them. MusicMaker is a much simpler product, but is still very powerful.

Either way, choose your instruments and Soundpools very carefully before activating them.

HTH

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

alex-almotaz wrote on 8/22/2018, 5:15 PM

Hi,

1. No. On the website, for a special edition (80's), you get Sounds & software instruments valued at $119.00, all free sounds, features & instruments in Music Maker, 3 different 80s Soundpools of your choice, 1 software instruments of your choice. This will not unlock the presets and features, like VST support.

2. Without knowing how you are going to use MMM - using Soundpool loops, recording MIDI, recording audio - if you want the best bang for your buck, go with Premium. If you start adding things piecemeal, then you will quickly spend much more than the cost of the Premium package. As for Plus vs Premium, see the Version Comparison table. With Premium, you get more of everything, and you get Variverb II and iZotopo Ozone 8 elements, which, separately, would cost much more that the Premium package.

As for professional features, you'll find that Samplitude Music Studio has some of these, and Samplitude Pro X3 Suite has all of them. MusicMaker is a much simpler product, but is still very powerful.

Either way, choose your instruments and Soundpools very carefully before activating them.

HTH

John CB

Thank you for your comment, that was really helpful. It’s a shame that you couldn’t buy the “full version” of music maker like this, but hey...nothing we could do about that i guess.

As for your suggestion, i do agree with you and totally understand. However, at the time i get the money needed to buy the premium edition, the offer would be over (you see, i’m a collage student). Plus, even though all the software available with the offer is pretty cool and the offer is such a burgine, i still need the very basics to try to learn the in’s and out’s of the software then upgrade according to my needs based on what i learned. Now that may sound pathetic but i simply don’t trust myself to be able to fully understand music maker very quickly. I’m not necessarily looking for the best, i just need something that has the essential stuff in it...the very basics.

This leaves us with the pro edition which asks the question, is it good for what i need?

Now i could just look it up on the site but i’m now curious about your opinion, what you think and why.

Please excuse me if i sounded too annoying...i will admit, i’m a newbie. And that is why i’m asking people rather than looking up the “technical” stuff.

Some newbie boi, E.V.

emmrecs wrote on 8/23/2018, 4:38 AM

@alex-almotaz

Why not download the one of the versions from here and try it out?

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

alex-almotaz wrote on 8/23/2018, 7:33 AM

@alex-almotaz

Why not download the one of the versions from here and try it out?

Jeff

I already have the free version. what do you exactly mean?

If you mean the premium edition, we already talked about it. the pro edition might be what i need.

as for the link you provided to me, it seems to show two versions -control and perform- which i never saw before. It seems that those two versions are only exclusive to europe and not available to other countries (like the u.s), which is a shame because they seem pretty cool.

so, yeah i can't download any of those two versions... shame.😒

browj2 wrote on 8/24/2018, 10:27 AM

@alex-almotaz

Hi Alex,

There is no "pro" version, only free, Plus and Premium. Where do you see "pro?"

The other versions "Control" and "Perform" come with hardware - keyboard, controller, respectively, which is why they are only available in Europe. That is all. Ignore these.

Did you download and install the free instrument and free Soundpools from the Store?

I suggest that you start learning with what you have with the free version. Once you understand more, you will be in a better position to decide what to purchase. Like I said, purchasing additional features, instruments and Soundpools individually will cost you much more than purchasing Plus or Premium, so don't do it unless there is only one thing that you need.

Don't worry about the offers expiring, there are always offers, and sometimes even better ones. You may want to wait.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

alex-almotaz wrote on 8/24/2018, 11:23 AM

@alex-almotaz

Hi Alex,

There is no "pro" version, only free, Plus and Premium. Where do you see "pro?"

The other versions "Control" and "Perform" come with hardware - keyboard, controller, respectively, which is why they are only available in Europe. That is all. Ignore these.

Did you download and install the free instrument and free Soundpools from the Store?

I suggest that you start learning with what you have with the free version. Once you understand more, you will be in a better position to decide what to purchase. Like I said, purchasing additional features, instruments and Soundpools individually will cost you much more than purchasing Plus or Premium, so don't do it unless there is only one thing that you need.

Don't worry about the offers expiring, there are always offers, and sometimes even better ones. You may want to wait.

John CB

Hey john,

Damn, sorry about saying "pro", i meant to say "plus"...auto correction got me again. sorry for the inconvenience, my dude.😅

To answer your question, yes i did download all the free soundpools and the free insturments -concert grand le, vita and revotla 2- were already installed when i downloaded the free version...unless there is something that i'm missing.

I may made myself look like a newbie but i want you to know that i do have a good grasp of the software. what i was trying to say that i just don't know all of the tips and tricks...that's all. However, i quickly realized that this is not really that important and i will learn them eventually by watching tutorials on the site or some youtuber. As for the things i want, i already made a list of things i need in the software.

Now, after a lot of thinking, i think you manage to convince me to buy the premium offer...i will manage. Also, yeah, i did notice a lot of offers in my Gmail account for magix proudcts. You may say wait, but i might as will get it right now as it's available.

Thanks for your time and effort, E.V.

browj2 wrote on 8/24/2018, 11:31 AM

The best way to learn is by actually doing things in MMM, and having the manual open and following the various things, especially in the Quick Start part. Practise and learn.

Have fun!

John C.B.