A big problem

PeridotPL wrote on 12/14/2017, 11:04 AM

I recently bought the Humble Bundle's 1$ pack which included Magix Music Maker: 80s Edition. I installed it, but the program crashes after the loading screen. The UI is visible for a second (however with white "holes"). What is the problem?

MY LAPTOPS:

I own two - I"m trying to install it on the smaller one with worse specs (on the first one [Windows 10] I tested Music Maker 2014 some years ago and it worked):

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.20 GHz
RAM 3GB
32-bit, Windows 7 Home Premium (SP1)

Comments

Tesityr wrote on 12/22/2017, 3:17 PM

If I may add to this, the same thing happened to me [with Music Maker 80's Edition from the Bundle]:

• Crash at Loading Splash (logo), with message to Send Data to Magix (I sent it)
    then after trying a couple of times, it started up, but then
  • UI will not show up (I see the main screen Timeline but the Menus do not work (eg. File, Project, Help, etc), they do not Pull Down/Show)

I see there is a Windows Update waiting, I will try run that and see if it helps...

CPU: AMD FX-8350

GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1060

RAM: 16GB

dark_spartan wrote on 12/22/2017, 5:48 PM

FWIW, I am running Windows 10 64bit, GTX 1070, 32GB of RAM and AMD FX-9x series --- and it is working for me. Just to help rule out a few possibilities.

Tesityr wrote on 12/23/2017, 8:02 AM

FWIW, I am running Windows 10 64bit, GTX 1070, 32GB of RAM and AMD FX-9x series --- and it is working for me. Just to help rule out a few possibilities.

Thanks for your input - it does help - to show that Windows 10 or a similar type of GPU/CPU, is not necessarily an issue [for example]...

For me, it seems to have been 'SOLVED' by Updating to the latest version of NVIDIA's Videocard Drivers (version 388.71, released a couple of days ago - seen via GeForce Experience notification) and Updating Windows 10 to the latest version (Version 1709 - seen via Settings>System>About)... It appears that setting your Ethernet (Network) to "Metered Connection" holds back large Updates until you Manually instigate it to start... Once I did this, the Fall Creators Update (v.1709) began.

Now, the Splash Screen shows for a second, then the program proper starts. Also, the Pull-Down Menus seem to work fine now in this Magix Music Maker ("80's Edition", updated to Version 25) and I am seeing the grey/blue panels open up - and everything else seems to work [except the Beat Detection process for Long Samples, but that is an issue for another Thread I may start if it continues].

So; if it helps, I managed to get everything running by Updating these sources. Hope it works for everyone else, soon!

chrisitan-carroll wrote on 4/20/2018, 4:11 PM

It works fine in demo mode! it would seem there is an issue with the key. i'm not getting it to work either on the serial number i have. same problem. laptop win 7