3rd Party VST Instruments - fine. BUT All my VST FXs not fine?

Rigby-Allen wrote on 7/19/2021, 3:00 AM

It appears that MMM premium 2022 scans for VST Instruments only? Is this correct? And if so why?

This would be a huge disadvantage.

For example I want to use the Valhalla Super massive Reverb, also my T-Racks5 suit from IK Multimedia. Most of all I miss my go Fx unit BlueCat Patchworks. I've checked all the paths in settings options and they are correct.

By the way the same paths are ok for Ableton and Reaper that I also use.

Please confirm the situation with Magix Music maker Premium 2022

many thanks

R

Comments

SP. wrote on 7/19/2021, 3:58 AM

@Rigby-Allen It works fine for me.

emmrecs wrote on 7/19/2021, 4:07 AM

@Rigby-Allen

I can happily confirm that MM 2022 does use VST Effects, not just VST Instruments. I have quite a number of the former and all show up for me in the app.

So, can we first check that you have listed ALL the folders on your computer where either VSTs and/or VSTis are stored? Under program Settings>Folders>Add VST path, on my computer I see the following:

Notice, some of the listed locations refer to an earlier version of MM and some, notably those on my D:\ drive, are at my personal choice of location.

If every location is correctly listed there for you, have you tried pressing the "Scan now" button? With what result?

Again, on my computer, to access those Effects, I tend to click on the FX button on the track and choose Audio FX rack track, which opens this window:

The highlighted + button then opens a menu which groups my VSTs according to the manufacturer name; clicking one of these names opens a further menu where all the Effects are listed and can be opened.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Rigby-Allen wrote on 7/19/2021, 6:44 AM

Thanks very much - got it sorted down to you kind folks

Checked all the path names - mine are mixed up too - some defaulting to 'standard' names and others where I've set up my own locations. One of the pathways was incorrect - so sorted that.

But the other thing I didn't know about was the 'hidden +'  route to VST selection 

If I select VSTs via left hand '+' I only see instruments (this was the bit that was throwing me) - in fact the help panel for that '+' reads 'Select VST instruments and change the icon by right clicking'. So I should have seen that - it makes sense.

If I select the FX option on the right hand side that gets me to the lower level '+' button where do see the FX.

I did a quick picture for my own notes - but now I've got it - it should be fine

So up and running thanks to this great community.

browj2 wrote on 7/19/2021, 7:53 AM

@Rigby-Allen

Hi,

In your image, those are not VST instruments under FX, they are FX categorized by type of instrument. Go to the right popdown of each to see the effects/presets available.

VSTi's are only available under the instrument button of the track header or the big + and under the Instruments tab.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Bluesea wrote on 7/20/2021, 4:55 PM

Vsts don't load after loading projects.

SP. wrote on 7/20/2021, 5:15 PM

@Bluesea Are you logged in? Because VST support is a paid add-on you need to log into your user account or else it will not work.

Bluesea wrote on 7/21/2021, 1:10 AM

@Bluesea Are you logged in? Because VST support is a paid add-on you need to log into your user account or else it will not work.

Yes. I noticed some of them work and some of them don't.

My ssl and waves plugins have an error loading.

SP. wrote on 7/21/2021, 2:04 AM

@Bluesea It works when you create your project and doesn't work if you reload it, correct? Is there an error message? I don't use SSL and Waves plugins.

Bluesea wrote on 7/21/2021, 6:03 PM

@Bluesea It works when you create your project and doesn't work if you reload it, correct? Is there an error message? I don't use SSL and Waves plugins.

That's correct.